1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Lucas Oil!

Discussion in 'General' started by CorollaDude, Dec 28, 2011.

1. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Okay, I may not be able to afford a race bike. In fact, I celebrate when I get new tires on my truck and it passes DMV inspection. But today, I purchased a Lucas Oil product instead of a cheaper one sitting next to it on the shelves at Wal-Mart, because I figured, hey, they sponsor WERA and I don't mind paying a little extra for that. Also, it seems like I see Lucas sponsorship signs at any motorsports event I see. There was even a Lucas go-fast boat in the beginning of the Miami Vice movie.

I got the Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak. In my tiny way, I feel like I'm...well maybe not a Rossi or a Hayden, but at least helping out a sponsor of WERA. :beer:

2. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Same reason I insure with Geico.

3. oldmonk

oldmonk Just trying something!

:beer: please continue to support those that support us ! :clap:

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thanks Bruce!

5. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Hey, I still use my Crosley Radio phone that they gave me for the Senior Superbike championship a couple years back. I also give Crosley Radio stuff for Xmas gifts, just because they sponsored a WERA series.

6. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

lucas oil had a nice article in RRW if memory serves me right too. seems like a great company.

7. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

Prior to the write-up in RRW, I thought it was a bit of snake oil. That article legitimized it for me and I'll definitely look at their products now.

8. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Well sell a ton of Lucas. It's really been good oil. Spent some time wrenching on their bike at Miller and met the higher ups in the company. Really nice guys. Took us for a few laps in the trophy truck as a thank you.

9. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Funny thing about Lucas supporting the sport (and I don't knock any of the things they do to help WERA and racers) - they bought MavTV this summer and immediately got rid of all the motorcycle programming, including flat track, trials, enduro, and hillclimb. Bunch of trucks jumping over stuff is apparently better.

Not that many get MavTV anyway.

10. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I've used their oil additive/fuel treatment in my vehicles since noticing that they sponsor WERA to an affect. I cant justify their oil prices though.

11. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

If you ever have a chance to catch an event at Lucas Oil Field in Indy(Colts) check it out. They have all types of race machinery hanging from everywhere in that building. Boats, Top fuel dragsters, Dune buggies. Dont remember seeing any Road Race stuff but lots cool displays. One of which is a top fuel motor completely exploded out with every part suspended by small cables. Every product Ive tried from them has worked very well so Ill continue to use them. It would be really cool if they offered some contingency.

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Lucas is a HUGE racefan. Inside the Lucas Oil stadium is a dozen or so racetoys of his, top fuel dragster, sprintcar, boats. I hope since he purchased IRP, he can renevate the place, it needs it. There are a few dragstrips around the country quite a bit nicer. Might as well re-do the roadcourse also :up:

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

George Lucas?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Seriously? Forrest Lucas.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My mower uses Lucas but my weed wacker uses castrol 747.

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Me? Serious? Shirley you jest.

17. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I try to use anything they sell that I need just for the reason that they sponsor wera.

18. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I did some work for Morgan Lucas, the drag racer back when i was doing the race engine stuff.. Also, ran the Lucas Dirt Car Series.

19. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Lucas transmission fix is good stuff too.

20. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Your weedwacker gets Castrol because you want a morning high :)