1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Greg G. and Mongo

Discussion in 'General' started by Texracer85, Mar 22, 2001.

1. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

i have printed out the recipe , and i will be going to the store today so i can make a trial pot tonight of the skyline chili.(i need to make sure this stuff doesn't suck before i offer to bring a pot to the nationals)

Better late than never I guess. I will have a full report either this evening or tomorrow to let you and the masses know what i think.

2. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Don't worry, I spent 5 years in Cin-city, and don't really remember what Skyline Chili tasted like. It was just some place you stumbled to at 2:30am, because it was open. [​IMG]

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And that's why they kicked your butt back east... You don't appreciate fine cuisine!

[​IMG]

4. SClark

Well, in Dayton, it was White Castle. [​IMG]

Oh, I'm gonna hurl just thinking about it.

5. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

Go Tex, Go!

A few pointers:
    1) Use regular spaghetti, not the thin stuff and overcook it just a bit. The chili will "stick" better
    2) Use a mild cheddar cheese. From what I can tell, Skyline uses a young cheese. Not too sharp and real smooth.
    3) Pile the 'sghet' loosely on the plate, ladle on the chili, sprinkle on the onions and beans if so inclined, then add a heaping fluffy mound of cheese. Let the cheese sit for a minute or so as to get some melting action going.
    4) The proper way of eating a 3-way is to cut down through the cheese and spaghetti with the side of the fork, then scoop the whole affair into your mouth Do Not Twirl This isn't spaghetti in marinara sauce now.

6. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

Ok, i've been shopping, and got the stuff. I am going to add my own Texas flair and go 6-way chili with some jalapeno's on top. Just looking at the ingrediants this is a child's chili as far as spice goes.

Beef is gonna go in the pot in a couple of hours.

7. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

Um Dude, That's the point. You must first sample the unadulterated version, then add your jalapenos. This is not spicy Tex/Mex fare. Trust me. [​IMG]

8. SClark

Yup, what Greg said. It's not known for it's robust flavor. Remember where it originated.

[Mongo Bait]
    Cincinnati is home to P&G, where everyone wears a Blue Suit with a white shirt and blue tie. Stale would describe it best. [​IMG][/Mongo Bait]

9. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

I'll try it as is first, i promise.

but then i am gonna butcher the hell out of it if need be. [​IMG]

10. Dude,
    Paste that stuff with jalapeno's. This is no time for pansy recipes. I'll bring some habenero sauce in case you chicken out. [​IMG]

11. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

Better bring diapers too... [​IMG]

12. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

i wash my contacts in habenero sauce, don't you have any thing hot. Wuss. [​IMG]

13. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

That's all I ask [​IMG]

14. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

ok, here is the scoop on 3,4, and 5 way chili. You will first notice i did not say 6 way, i didn't feel the need to breach the integrity of the dish.

First Impressions while cooking it..

I can't believe how much ground beef in water looks like cat puke!!

Second Impression..

Why the heck am i putting cinnimmon in chili, what kind of yankee fag crap is this??

An hour and a half later the aroma of what would be my dinner filled the house with a sweet smell that invoked salivation and hunger pain. I decided that since the was so much, why not invite the family and get a crowd full of reactions. 3 generations showed up for the feast from ages 7-87. While the youngest was not falling for the it's good line, it was a hit with the rest of the family. Great Grandmother even went back for seconds.(she's my son's GG, not mine)

Will i cook it again? Yes
    Do i understand how it tastes so good? nope,it should taste like pure ass based on the ingrediant list.

Yo Yo props to my peeps on da nort-side, G-dawg Gabis in da heeeowse collchilin wit da chilly wack smooth skyline funky style, ya know i gots love forya throwin down the 1411 on chilli

Gotta give it up for da queso grande, Miggidy miggidy mac daddy Mongo in da mutha funkin like a country bumpkin hooooowwwse. Word to da assist in gettin da word out bout the chili.

So yeah, it was pretty good. I'd reccomend it. Dirt cheap to make and lots of flavor, and i feel sexy having eaten it. Now that's good stuff.

[​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Texracer85 (edited 03-22-2001).]

15. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

OK, Tex, I've laughed at my computer before. I've laughed pretty hard at times. But this may have been the greatest post in the history of the BBS. [​IMG]

16. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

I'm as funky as i wanna be. [​IMG]
    Seriously though, that's some good stuff.

17. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

Anyone ever laughed so hard that is sounds like you are wheezing? That's me after reading that post!! I can't stop...my screen is all blurry from the tears in my eyes!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

Oh you guys [​IMG]

the update on Skyline chili, yes, despite her initial reservations about a chili with cinnimmon and no possum, Mrs. Texracer85 gives the chili a thumbs up. With a tear in my eye I thank all who brought me to this culinary achievment, But alas, i must bid you all farewell until next week. I am going away to a better place. A place with no computers, no skyline chili, a little place i like to lovingly refer to as...Dallas.

Everyone have a great weekend, good luck to the racers.

19. medicracer

medicracer mostly luriking nowdays

1st, don't be dissin my cats!!!!!!! [​IMG]

2nd, glad you liked it.

3rd. dat's my homey

4th. if its so good, email me the recipe and I will doctor it up to perfection for myself. [​IMG]

20. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

Tex,

Word to your mother.

Peace out.