1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Dad.... Dad... Daddy.... DAAAAAAAADD!

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyperdyne, Mar 5, 2012.

1. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

My son was on a nebulizer regularly up until a year ago (he's 8). I really watch his diet, almost no dairy and I make some of his food from scratch. Most everything with carbs/flour in it I make myself (waffles etc.) and use whole grains or rice flour instead. Huge difference. Do you check her breathing with a peak flow or something like that?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I said start off that way, I rarely end up thinking it :D

3. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

The doctors check it and adjust her mess. I'm gonna ask about the diet stuff, thanks!

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Beeb member:
    "Mongo, can I run change my master cylinder in supersport?"
    Mongo:
    "no"
    Beeb member:
    "but why?"
    Mongo:
    "Because I said so, that's why"

:crackup:

5. PMooney Jr.

Fuck waiting, do it yourself in between visits. Get a peak flow meter at the minimum. Kid blows into it like a kazoo and it gives a reading. Good early warning detector that they're getting tight. It's like a dyno for kids lungs :D Does she still eat dairy? Respiratory stuff is nothing to mess with as you know. Three trips to the hospital with nothing more than steroids for a few days and no real advice on how to help from any doctor or pediatrician. I was getting really frustrated, did a bunch of reading on it myself. Fuck those doctors, there were so many tools I could have been using to help and nobody offered up anything except more drugs. Do the legwork yourself, for the most part we all eat like shit and it shows.

6. Norton#357

Norton#357 Well-Known Member

This is excellent advice! Be your own advocate. My daughter has Aspergers Syndrome and she is on a gluten free/dairy free diet and it makes a huge difference. Her mom is a bit of an expert on these matters and has a website, does public speaking and webinars about food allergies and diet. Dairy is terrible for anyone with congestion issues. I won't link to her site but you should check out Gluten Free Gigi.com for some good info.

7. Sixx22

Sixx22 Well-Known Member

I found out this week that I am going to be a daddy!

8. Norton#357

Norton#357 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!:up:

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I would have been a useless parent for at least 10 minutes. :D

11. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

It's funny reading about you guys and your kids. I've never had any and I miss my nieces and nephews since they are getting all grown up and the younger ones are so far away that I don't get to see them often.

I hate that I don't have any kids. Kids are amazing.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

My daughter talked to me this morning.

She talks to me every morning.

It's some odd, repetitive language that makes the dog run out of the room.

Did I mention it happens at 1AM? Then again at 4AM? :D

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It's the same language you speak when you drink too much.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Don't hesitate to send me a PM if you want to learn how to make them. And I'm sure anyone here would be willing to help out.

15. PMooney Jr.

:up:

16. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Thanks for the link you sent a year or so ago to me. I've forwarded it on to others with gluten issues.

Putter, listen to these guys about the diet thing, it really really REALLY makes a difference. Do a search to find out what foods are considered inflammatory or retain water.

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

+1

More than once I have had to say "this one is on you, mom" and quickly leave the area. The kids crack me up sometimes.

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Nice, our daughters nickname is Gigi.

She's 11 months and I can't get enough of her. It'll be a bad day for daddy when she figures out just how much control she has over me. I'm 34 and so sorry I waited as long as I did to have kids.

19. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

20. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Sounds like my son. He has zero filter and just talks all day long. My wife was like that as a kid until her older brother told her that she was going to "run out of words" and not be able to talk anymore.