1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Herrin’s Instagram

Discussion in 'General' started by Knotcher, Feb 20, 2022.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

I think you're talking about some moral compass dilemma. I'm talking about the potential impact on the image of the sport.

Two very different subjects.

Knotcher likes this.
  2. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

Both arguments are apexing into each other because of the status of one guy. So you inherit both.

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Damn, your dad was killed too? This June will be 17 years since my dad was killed on his Triumph Bonnie. I’m the furthest from a street saint myself, but the amount of cellphone use while driving has exponentially grown in recent years so I usually won’t turn a wheel on the streets anymore besides quick local runs

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I mean for fuck sake I hate to bring up but look at what happened to Dane Westby. Totally out of his control. Same thing with my old man. I was riding with him when he got nailed and saw it all happen. The dumb ass just blew through the stop sign. Done. Over. Been 20 years now. Everytime I see guys my age at the track with their fathers I’m envious of that.

Josh, you do you. But when you post videos on the web you open yourself to the public’s comments.

5. Ducati89

Dane was evading the actions of a car, correct?

6. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

^^this^^

7. grasshopper

Yes

8. grasshopper

Sorry to hear about your pops. And I’m far from a saint anytime I swing my leg over a bike either. That’s why I’m trying to comment and not be hypocritical to his actions on the street. He rides some pretty dank wheelies. Just telling him rider to rider to be careful.

9. Well part of being a pro racer is you become a brand being a rider/ public figure. You open your personal brand up to criticism especially when your personal brand is tied to a sponsor brand. Personally I’d rather see him not do that shit but he’s a big boy and knows the consequences which could be both on and off the track. I’ve known him long enough to know he’s (within reason) going to do what he’s going to do. Maybe he just couldn’t find a practice spot since he’s working on his post checker flag victory wheelie? :)

I’m just curious where he’s been hiding this trust fund. Sure was easy for his parents to get him sorted out early in his career with all that extra money floating around. The sacrifice was not small.

10. So has the whole world, it gets smaller daily. We are connected more now than ever so maybe the shenanigans haven’t changed (cannot say I haven’t done what he posted more than I care to admit) but now more things are judged because they are more visible.

11. Ducati89

I agree. However the outcry for illegal activity is so selective that its pissing me off.

Bruce likes this.
  12. ton

ton Arf!

is there other (recent) illegal activity being perpetrated by well known motorcycle racers we've not discussed? did i miss something?

mpusch and 418 like this.
  13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I don't care.

Sabre699 likes this.
  14. Ducati89

No. But theres plenty of other illegal activity being perpetrated by non pros that we arent discussing, either.

15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking Spit on that thing

When roadracers in America make more than vloggers, all you Karens will have a much more valid point.

Until then, I’d recommend you watch the clip @Yama-saurus posted earlier in the thread to get a better understanding of what’s driving Josh’s decision making.

Yama-saurus likes this.
  16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Why don't you start a thread about it?

The Great One and HPPT like this.
  17. Ducati89

I like yer style!:blart::D

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Bingo.

19. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

The guys cool, can ride a bike like nobody's business, can't get used to the Karan safety patrol mindset lately. Figured most guys that decide to participate in one of the most dangerous sports in the world would get their panties out of bundle over a guy doing some stand up wheelies on a public road. Long live the old fast bikes and performance bike mags when they tested in the road. Shakey was the man!!! Stand ups are fun

Attached Files:

Gino230 and Steady T like this.
  20. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Shane Byrne to the white courtesy phone.

stk0308 and Ducati89 like this.