1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help

Discussion in 'Tech' started by 750mania, Aug 16, 2003.

1. 750mania

750mania Member

my friend just layed down his 99 gsxr 750 and the bike wont try to fire.

the readout says check and the oil light is flashing.

you cant hear the fuel pump charging when u turn the key.

is there a safty switch that has poped somewhere?

any info will be appreciated, im motorcycle illiterate.

2. MotoMadman

MotoMadman Mr. Moto Riding

There is a tipover safety switch on those bikes, and it stops the engine from running when the lean angle reaches a certain degree. In order to restart, you'd have to turn the key off, then on. Since you've obviously already done that, perhaps the thing got stuck in the off position. Maybe you could get someone to point it out, and knock it around to see if it jammed. If you can get to it, it will be on the front of the battery tray, a square shaped sensor with two wires to it. It is housed in a rubber sleeve, with two slots to fit the tray, top and bottom. You could always remove it from the bike, and see if it rattles. If it does, your problem likely lies elsewhere. Hope it helps.

3. 750mania

750mania Member

thank u so much ill try it now

4. 750mania

750mania Member

I pulled the sensor off and it rattles........so what do i need to do now? Buy a new one or can it be repaired?

Thank you!

5. MotoMadman

If you took it off to rattle it, put it back and see if the bike starts. If not, i'm out of ideas right now. I'm not a mechanic, but I stayed at a holiday inn once. :) What about fuses? :confused:

6. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

:up:

7. 750mania

750mania Member

ok guys thanks for the help but still no go, i messed around with it and got the fuel system to charge but the oil symble is still flashing but when i hit the starter it dosent make a sound, just nothing at all.

ive checked the 30a fuse beside the battery and the fuse box on the left front, that box has ignition, high beam, low beam, turn sig, and fuel............ but none are blown.

i dont know but this makes me want to :Puke:

8. MotoMadman

How bad did the bike fall? Did it hit the bars? There is a sensor in the ignition to sense your particular key, maybe it came loose. THis is going to require a volt-ohm meter and wiring schematic, if it's even electrical. Sorry I couldn't help any further.

And thanks, BC. ;)

9. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you may be missing the FI relay from the air duct (right side?)

10. 750mania

750mania Member

i dont get it. the relay is still there.

the oil light is just flashing and it does nothing when you hit the starting button, i know its full of oil what else would make that light flash?

11. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

check to see if you are getting power to the starter when the switch is hit
    what side was it laid down on?
    check the tipover switch with an ohmmeter. check for resistance and then 'tilt the switch' and check for changes. no changes, bad switch....

12. 750mania

750mania Member

it was layed down on the left side. he is still kinda out-of it but i think he was riding a wheely and cased his arms coming down, and layed it on the left side for about 35 yards.

ill get a meter and check that, do i need to lay it completly down?