1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with choosing chest protector, pls

Discussion in 'General' started by bergs, Jan 17, 2012.

1. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

Another vote for Impact Armor.

2. Impact Armor

Impact Armor Member

I had the privledge of personally working with Dr. Roderick Woods of Cambridge University in the UK from 1994 thru 2001. Dr. Woods is the leading authority on armor effectivness, impact testing and whom I refer to as the "God Father" of the CE standard.

Dr. Woods personally impact tested our armor from 1994 through 1997 and was instrumental in inspiring the design that you know as Impact safe-T Armor. From what I see on the forum, everyone appears to be lost in the numbers. And without the benefit of Dr. Woods knowledge and insight, you seem to have overlooked that it is the design of the armor not the govt. test that will be the final arbiter on how your protection performs when you need it most...

end of page 1.

3. Impact Armor

Impact Armor Member

Page 2.

Dr. Woods impact tested our samples more extensively than the govt. does today. Average impacts would range from 4 hits to over 6(multiple times). Each sample was subjected to 50J, 75J, 100J and 150J impacts. The govt. CE requirement is only 5 impacts at 50J's. To achieve level 2 certification you need 5 impacts@50J's with a low of 9KN and your allowed one high reading of 12KN to qualify.

Our results ranged from 9.8KN to an incredibily low of 29KN at the higher levels(75KN to150KN) during repeated impacts. Our armor easily qualified for the govts. EN1621-2 level 2 certification. We achieved this level of performance nearly 5 years before the offical govt. CE standard...

We don't have the Govt. CE stamp for the simple reason our armor is made to measure. You are required to submit a range of protectors for all of the sizes you sell for testing. Since we design made to measure protection for men, women, children and the big and tall, and since you pay a fee for each test. We declined.

Mike

4. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Mike,

I have not gone through the entire website yet but are fittings able to be done if I send you the measurements you require?

Also, thank you for taking the time to sign up and post up.

-Paul

5. Impact Armor

Impact Armor Member

Getting fit is easy as one two three. I've attached our order and sizing charts as well as pic of British Superbike racer James Westmoreland his fitting templates. Once we receive your order and sizing info we create the fitting templates based upon your measurements. Once you receive them take the 3 shots and e-mail the pics. Based upon what we see and your input, we then make up your armor. E-mail your telephone number and I'll give you a call later on Thursday.

Mike
    [email protected]

Attached Files:

6. Impact Armor

Impact Armor Member

The computer dropped the side shot. Here it is.

Attached Files:

7. :stupid:

8. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Impact Armor... pimpin that product hard. :crackup:

9. jerseygirl

jerseygirl Active Member

I also wear impact armor both chest and back protector, and I love it. I had ordered a custom vanson suit prior to getting the protectors, and both fit perfectly under my suit without any problems. Mike was super easy to work with and made sure I had my armor before my first race of the season. Thanks Mike!

10. Impact Armor

Impact Armor Member

Good to hear ya Jersey Girl...How's the family????

If "Pimpin" now means ansering the questions that were asked in the forum..........I plead guilty. I only became aware of your group because a another member who wears Impact Armor sent me a message.

The beauty of this country is that we have unlimited choice. But the glitz of big bang marketing must be tempered by the insertion of informative facts. I can't help it if I had a direct line to Dr. Woods. It was my choice to seek him out. As a result we all benefit.

page 1.

11. Impact Armor

Impact Armor Member

page 2

I've been designing armor since 1993. A zealot for the wearing of chest protectors since that time. I'm glad to see that in 2011 you all now get it. Colin Edwards has worn our chest and back protectors for almost 20 years. In fact the only two pieces of safety gear Colin has refused to change since his entry onto the big stage has been his Arai helmet and his Impact Safe-T Armor chest and back protector.

"Pimpin"...My goal has never changed......

Do all I can to see that those who race have the opportunity to fullfill their dreams and retire on their own terms in a healthy state...Troy Corser became my frirst retiree(1999-2011 Impact Armor protected)..."Pimpin"...I wouldn't say that in fron of Sam, Troy's wife..

Enough of this computer..Back to work.

12. vince224

vince224 Well-Known Member

i got into the chest protector thing a few years back by way of impact armor. dont even think the others existed. mikes stuff is kickass. it was easy to do the measurements and teh product is great. still working fine for me...and i was skeptical as hell.

one thing that was clear then and remains clear now: he is passionate about his stuff and protecting US! not so much about being the next big name in moto-fashion.

thanks mike. you got my vote.

vince
    :D

13. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Just giving you a hard time. ;)