1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help...Keihin Carb expert needed..

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Kendall, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Kendall

Kendall Well-Known Member

Trying to tune an ill SV...long story short when the bike is idling and you touch the gas it stalls. I took a closer look and the rear cylinder accelerator pump is working but the front does not...not even at full throttle. I took the accelerator pump apart and everything seems to be in order...I even squirted wd 40 up the nozzle and it came out of the brass injector into the slide area.

Do I need to do a full rebuild? Anybody ever had these same problems? Another 41mm Keihin SV I have parked beside this one injects gas just off idle through the accelerator pump injectors in both carbs. Maybe I need the instructions!

Thanks.

2. wsmc667

wsmc667 Well-Known Member

the accel pump operates from plunger rod off of the throttle's bell crank. is the rod there? if so then the diaphragm is missing or cracked, etc. also, is the spring under the diaphragm? next step is to make sure the passage from the float chamber to the diaphragm is OK... this is what supplies fuel to the pump.

i don't really watch this bbs too much, so e-mail me if you've got specific questions.

good luck.