1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helo video footage of GNF 2014, Barber

Discussion in 'General' started by Cam Morehead, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

2. ped

ped Banned

awe sam

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The Zoom peeps are a little freaked by the drones, I was okay with where he was but it's their call.

4. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Really? Police to get him to land it instead of simply asking him first?

5. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Cool vid!

6. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Not real police. We were in the white RV with the white trailer. I did not even notice until he was landing it. The folks that run the track swiftly pulled up in a Security car, the gentlemen that you see in the video walks up to the guy very swiftly and stearnly, says something to him, the helo lands. The pilot loads the helo in the back of the blue SUV. The guy in the black pants and black shirt says something over the walkie talkie, jumps in the passenger side of the security, and they drive away. No big ordeal.... We had an elderly security guard ask us nicely and professionally to keep the kids from doing much other than racing. It was no big deal. They did not want you getting hurt or damaging the race cars... It's all good. We were there to race so we accomplished that.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  7. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Oh, the track security. Yeah that's not a big deal then.

8. ped

ped Banned

I forgot about the 250 porsches sitting there...makes sense

9. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Wow. That footage was really good for being on a drone thingamajig. I was surprised how stable it was when he would maneuver it or just let it sit there.

10. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Sweeeet

11. caferace

caferace No.

v. cool

Should have had it over the grid for the Groms. ;)

-jim

12. WERA had Grom races, and there just so happens to be helicopter footage that same weekend..........coincidence?....I think not.

I told Y'all people were pumped about the Grom races. :D