1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helmet/Suit Question

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Sep 3, 2019.

1. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Hey all, I'm not sure if anyone has run into this same predicament, but when I go to drop my head/look through a turn, my helmet hits the back of my suit preventing me from being able to fully look up/through a corner. Has anyone had this problem or have a remedy for it? It's happened in all of my helmets (RS-1, Bell Star, RF1200) and with a couple different suits.

Thanks!

2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I had this happen a few years ago where I used a new to me suit for the first time and the helmet hit the hump. I switched to a smaller shell helmet (went from a Scorpion Large to an HJC medium), and the problem went away. It sounds like you have already tried with a wide variety of options, maybe see about getting the hump reduced in the suit?

3. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

What suit? I used to see this quite a bit back in the day.

4. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

AGVSport Phantom and RST CPX-C II

I'm not sure if I need a smaller shelled helmet like a Corsair or maybe a smaller helmet at the base like an X-14 or the newer Bell Stars?

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

check carefully to see where it's rubbing. Get on the bike and tuck, or just put suit and helmet on and squat down with arms out, and have someone look to see what is going on..
    thought mine was rubbing on the aero hump, turns out it was the back collar of the suit. Had SYED leathers www.syedleathers.com cut it down an inch or so in the back, and resew the collar back on . didn't ride up my neck any longer. Don't just assume it's a helmet issue. more likely suit issue, that can be addressed with someone that knows how to alter suits.

mpusch, Metalhead, ducnut and 2 others like this.
  6. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

My buddy had this same problem with an A Stars suit and RF1200...he switched to an x-14 and it went away. I’m betting it’s the helmet shape, but very likely could be a combination of both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Does the suit ride high in the back because your torso is shorter than the suits torso section? Get one of them there custom suits and I bet the fit gets better....

socal likes this.