1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helmet paint auction for Papa. and JU

Discussion in 'General' started by puresportsdesigns, Jul 16, 2002.

1. puresportsdesigns

puresportsdesigns Yea, I guess

THANK YOU TO ALL THAT BID. Hopefully this will help save someone else from serious injury in the future.

The winner was Steve Thompson. Thanks so much for your generosity.

To J Ulrich:

I take it personally that you contact the winner for payment. I had a set amount in mind that I wanted to donate, even if the auction didn't reach that amount. I am sorry to STEAL YOUR THUNDER over the airfence fund.

Papa - I hope you are feeling better.

Jerry VanHorn

2. John Ulrich

John Ulrich Well-Known Member

This isn't about anybody stealing anybody's thunder. What this is about is, trying to keep a handle on things when every time I turn around somebody claims they're doing something "for the Air Fence Fund" when in fact we have no prior agreement and no control and no guarantee they won't just keep the money. In your case, you were sincere and legit. In other cases in recent years, there have been fund-raising efforts in which people sounded legit and instead took the money (see scam auction for the benefit of paraplegic racer Stuart Goddard, who never saw a dime of the money raised). And seeing as we have a federal non-profit tax-exempt application pending, we have to be careful how our name is used.

The right way to do this would have been to contact us and let us run the auction and promote it on the website, and collect the money. You elected not to do that, but it appears to be turning out well anyway. So thanks for the donation, but spare me the "steal your thunder" bullshit, because that's what it is.

John Ulrich

3. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Hi. Steve here. The above doesn't exactly describe what happened. When I bid on this item I checked with Jerry to make sure that it was okay for me to pay the RRW Fund directly. He said it was okay. So, when the auction ended, I sent an e-mail to John asking where to send payment. Somehow this got misinterpreted and it was thought that John contacted me first. That is not what happened. I remember the Goddard thing and it is sad that we have to be this careful. I hope everything is cool now. I talked to Jerry on the phone today and got the details worked out. He seems like a stand-up guy. I don't expect any problems. When the helmet is done, I will post pics of it.

STEVE

4. Top Gun

Top Gun Well-Known Member

Looking for a nice XR 100? Mine Is Fast, many details

5. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Where the hell did that come from?

:confused:

Hey Mr. Gun, I've got a little suggestion for you....

CLASSIFIEDS.

What's that thing that Brad always says?

Oh yeah, "schleprock", that's it......

:rolleyes:

6. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Damn, dude, he was just responding to Steve's signature line. If I had a nice XR100 for sale I'd jump at the opportunity, too.

7. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Open mouth... insert foot.

8. mad brad

mad brad Guest

novice230 must be getting upset about that punkin' helmet. he jumped my case out of the blue the other day. BTW i noticed you dropped your argument sean!!!

9. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Well, Michael (Top Gun) must be confused. I just got the info on the XR100 he is selling. I said I wanted a "nice" bike. He has one of the "nicest on the face of the earth"! If any of you want a really cool XR, you should get ahold of Michael. I am basically looking for a stock bike that is only a few years old and not beat-up. I suppose I should change my signature line....

STEVE