1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello I need a screwed up bike

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by racerxxx, Oct 7, 2002.

1. racerxxx

racerxxx Active Member

I was wonderin if anyone out there has a bike that they took apart and thought they were going to restore and has alot of the pieces and just doesnt have the time anymore and was willing to sell cheap, If so write back, Appreciate it, Thank you

2. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

If you can find a bike, I know plenty of clowns who can screw it up for you. :p

3. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

How about buying my EX500? Its for sale and ready for Bargy track days or WERA racing.

4. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

I see your from Sugar hill - you may want to look out of state - unfortitly I think I picked up every bike like that around that part of GA in search of a vincent stuck under hay in the back of a barn.

5. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

I've got a siezed, race ready rz that belongs to a freind sitting in my garage. He'll take $650 for it and has LOTS of spares/high perf goodies. Not sure if it's top end or crank, he's too cheap to pay me to look at it.

6. YAM#849

McCain's Bultaco is in my garage, looking pretty screwed up right now. :p

Scott: where's that engine HB is supposed to be working on???

7. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Up here in the N. Georgia mountains I'm sure you'll be able to find a Cletis or Bubba stuck under hay in the back of the barn...

"Tarnations!! I dun fergot m' way outta the barn agin!!"

8. racerxxx

racerxxx Active Member

Im interested in that rz but what is an rz , im new to racing and never heard of it, do you think would work somethin out wit me cause obviously he aint gonna be usin it

9. YAM#849

You said on another thread that you are 17. By coincidence, an RZ is about that age, too. That's probably why you haven't heard of it. RZ's were the last of the two-stroke sport bikes legal for the street in the USA. The last ones sold new as '85 models. Other countries continued to get them, but no more were sold here. If you want a stepping stone into the world of 2 stroke GP bikes, it's a good choice. However, by the time you get established as a racer, that era may be over for good, at least in the US.

10. GrantMLS

yeah dats about the answers I got followed by weird looks when I said "Riptide" or "shadow"

11. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

its coming! changed over from old style to "new" style clutch, caused more problems. i think ive got it all "sussed" now. the cyl's not ready yet anyway,last i heard. i bet they show up at about the same time.

12. RZ Racer

Yeah, he'll work something out. You bring $650 to my house and load rz, spare rolling chassis and several boxes of stuff out of my garage thats been there for 3+ years.
    RZ's are pretty cool bikes, but you'll definitely need to have a little mechanical aptitude to own/race one. This one will be needing somewhere in the nieghborhood of $3-400 in parts to get it running. I've owned 7 of them over the past 15 years and raced one to great success for the past 7. I'd be more than happy to do the work to get it running but would have to be paid for my time. Really it's not that hard though and you could probably handle it yourself if you are patient and buy a good service manual.

13. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Hey Mark,
    I want in on this action. Anything in all that stuff I could use?

14. RZ Racer

Got some 38mmtmx's.
    Also some 37.5mm roundslide mikuni's.
    Both sets of carbs have bell mouth mods.
    The 38's came off of Doug Braunacs old 250 and are set up w/ elec powerjets. They'd have to be disconnected to work on the rz. Other than that, I've got all of the internals(needles,nozzles, mains, pilots) for stageIII rz.
    Also have some pipes, heads, wheels, rough bodywork, reeds,
    got some other stuff, but I'm not sure I want to get rid of it. I might feel the need to bring my streetbike up to race-ready status someday.;)

15. GrantMLS

what kinda bodywork? how much for carbs? I am building up a RZ for next season..

16. Don_728

Don_728 The dog made me do it!

hey racerxxx, our team has an f2 that we bought to race and never touched. solid engine all together, motor out of rame. ran fine before we took it out. 16 k miles. no time to work on it. $1000. also have spare f3 frame and f3 rear wheel. (180 size wheel). e mail with any questions, i can get pics to you also.