1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heartland Park Topeka

Discussion in 'General' started by Gixxer602, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Gixxer602

Gixxer602 Well-Known Member

Any chance Wera will hold a race at Heartland Park anytime soon?
    How about Mid America Motorplex in Iowa? 6-8 hours minimum drive times for me to the closest Wera races suck. It would really be nice to race with you guys (and gals) Kevin Clark ***#124

2. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Have you ever raced at Heartland? I went last year to pickup a bike from a friend racing with CRA that day. I watched practice in the morning and left at noon with one thought about the track, scary. Nice layout but way to much concrete and not enough run off. Got to see the Tul-aris though. That was cool.:cool:

3. Gixxer602

I've ridden 2 race schools there. Just waiting for someone to hold another race now that I have my license. As for concrete, not much different than Gateway.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You do realize that that's not a favorable comparison right?

5. Gixxer602

Silly me! This is the WERA BBS. I'm racing in CCS this year. So sorry. :)

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:D

7. tigerblade

tigerblade Mostly Titanium

Heartland Park is the only track I've ridden but I didn't think it was scary at all. Of course, my speeds were nowhere near competition times, but I wasn't intimidated by the track itself. The surface was pretty bad, but I'm used to Missouri roads. ;)

8. kangasj

kangasj Banned

That Mid-America track looks hella nice. Going to try it out at the end of the month. I'll post a track report.

9. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Not slamming Heartland by calling it scary. But it looked like a car track to me. So if I was in a car, full rollcage and the Hans device installed I would give it a go. Not on a bike.:)

10. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

I've raced there 3 times, twice in '99 and once last year. IMHO it's not bad at all in the dry , the places where walls are an issue are spots where you're going pretty slow. I'd say that it's safer than Road Atlanta or Daytona. Rain makes it bad cuz you've got to get onto the VHT covered portion of the dragstrip.

11. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Ok,ok,ok I take it all back It's a great track. Hell I'd ride there butt naked on a sidecar. Helmet and boots for saftey purposes mind you.:D