1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heart Rate at 200mph, NW 200

Discussion in 'General' started by SnacktimeKC, May 27, 2013.

1. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Cool stuff indeed

4. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Good read!

5. That is a cool article. The physiological side of it is interesting to me. I have always wondered why i feel more at ease on the track, than i do in other places. Like i am more relaxed on the track than i am at a family reunion, or at an amusement park, where there are a million different things/noises/etc going on at the same time.

I can still remember my very first track day. I was nervous as hell going into it, but i can remember being very relaxed and comfortable once actually rolling. I remember dragging knee around that long T4 and breathing through my nose, feeling comfortable, so on and so forth.

There are a lot of situations where i am uncomfortable, or can't concentrate, or get distracted and shit like that, but when i am on the track, everything "makes sense" (for lack of a better term). It is almost as if riding on the track puts my mind at ease. I really dont know how to explain it. But i like reading stuff like that article. There are other cool articles linked at the bottom of that one.

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  6. Redrodent1

Redrodent1 Well-Known Member

The novice was at 185 bpm on the starting grid :D

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I have a video with my GPX data and my heart rate monitor data overlayed in a race. Needless to say it was 165 on the grid and then basically sat at 175 for the entire race.

8. What heart rate monitor do you have? Where did you get it? Does it record the whole time (meaning can you go back to the pits and review how your HR was during the race)?

I want one. I think it would be interesting.

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Shiney...

Must have...

:p:moon:

10. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

:stupid::crackup:

11. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

"Honey, I need it! It's not a toy, it's for TRAINING."

12. Exactly. :D

I have a way of justifying everything. "I mean for real, I will be fast with this" or "I was just kidding before, i REALLY need this one this time".

Now, whenever i start, Lora is just like "here we go........".

:crackup:

13. JamesC459

JamesC459 Well-Known Member

The part near the end where McWilliams and Keys had "rev-limiter" moments was kind of funny to see on the graph. See, I would have described the guy wadding in front of me a Heart Stopper. And the dog, holy cow!

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Whats your resting & max HR?
    Seems like the more elevated your HR is the more stress you are experiencing and riding on an "emotional" level instead of a calculated one??