1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hayden to WSBK on Aprilia RSV4

Discussion in 'General' started by G 97, Oct 2, 2015.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

:stupid:

and because it comes like that from the Chinese ebay sellers and looks "racy"

3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Try to control yourself. Nobody said you were invited.

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

If all he wanted was a competitive bike he should have left GP 7 years ago. Yeah I get the whole racing against the best thing.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

he made like $2 Million last year on an inferior bike...I think there is almost no way he was going to make that in WSBK

6. I try. :D

7. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Last week I was in Imola for a week. Walking around near Acque Minerali I saw a parked SP-2 in Castrol colors. All I could think about was Edwards vs Bayliss in 2002.

8. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

The RC51 Nicky bikes sold well because they looked great.

I can't imagine a CBR1000RR with PATA logos on it selling for shit over here.

I really wish Nicky would've accepted the Ducati WSBK offer 2 years ago. He was flying on the Panigale in testing (lap record pace), and that was before the bike was as sorted out as it is now.

9. 600 dbl are

Let's compare to what he would make with no ride in GP compared to riding a PATA Honda?

10. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

If he's a racer, he'll take the Aprilia.
    If he's a business guy, he'll take the Honda.

Pata will not be with Honda/Ten-Kate next year.

11. :stupid:

I feel he would immediately battle for wins on the Panigale.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

The original quote referenced 7 years ago. So start again please.

13. Sums it up!

14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Yeah..top 20 out of 20 on the grid. Last place is a LOT of fun to ride.

As far as the Honda in WSBK....well, Rea kinda got tired of top 10 finishes on a bike that's unchanged for the better part of a decade. Look what happened in Rea's first year with Kawasaki. Just sayin'

Anything Nicky..BUT the Honda....PLEASE!!!

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I wonder how much importance they place on WSBK and other production based racing?

Honda's last WSBK title was with Toseland in 2007.

16. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Bugger all I would say, and the old days of what wins on sundays sell on monday, yea write I say. It is all about good will PR now only

17. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

this. HRC/Honda doesnt give a shit about WSBK. the new bike in 2017, if it actually happens, will probably be the same old tired shit from Honda. new bodywork, an electronics upgrade, and some little tweaks. it wont be a SBK winner straight away. i bet it wont even have fly-by-wire.

theres a big difference between getting bikes from Honda and having factory support. Ten Kate has been doing all the development on the CBR by themselves. they sourced and have developed their fly-by-wire system. they do the chassis upgrades. theyve developed their software. etc etc

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Seriously

Wasn't Ducati north america reporting record sales when there was barely a single Ducati on any AMA grid.

19. 600 dbl are

To which I was quoting someone about him wanting a competitive ride. You made it about money. At this point he gets one or the other. Odds of getting both are slim.

20. rhouck

rhouck wat?

And what happened to Guintoli going from Aprilia to Honda...