1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hayden out after 2013

Discussion in 'General' started by NickyZ, Jul 16, 2013.

1. caferace

caferace No.

I'm stayin' out of this one. :D

-jim

2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Hilarity ensues :

[​IMG]

3. pg_rider

pg_rider Doesn't race anymore...

What days were those exactly? He's never exactly lit the world on fire in MotoGP, 2006 included. Are you referring to AMA circa 2001?

Just to stoke the fires a little more, I would argue that Melandri is a faster rider than Hayden. So, Melandri-like performance is what you might expect to see from Hayden in WSBK. An occasional win, but doubtful he'll be highly successful...

That said, I love Hayden and I'd like to see him in WSBK just to shake things up a little.

4. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

George you know same as me that Nicky belongs on an RC51.

5. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, crazy dude too :D

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Seeing the headlines of "Nicky Hayden has been sacked" makes the Cal Crutchlow method of PR look more agreeable IMO. Methinks Nicky's PR team screwed this one. It looks bad to me. As opposed to coming out of the gate early with his own statement. Unless he didn't see it coming :rolleyes:

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

10. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

I think BMW would be an awesome fit. I just really hope he doesn't do something stupid and take a crap ass ride in MotoGP. He mentioned something like we don't know what next years bikes are gonna be like... I guess his only good option would be to have a ride on one of the Honda GP lease bikes.

11. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

Suzuki WSBK in 2014 and MotoGP in 2015 would be a sweet deal.

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

At this point, he should go where the biggest paycheck is.

13. BC

BC Well-Known Member

:eek:

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

F@ck, if I had $10KK, a sponsor and a damn good rider I'd be all over Ducati's deal.

That's perfect for a number of teams (provided Ducati gives you updates and it's a purchase and not a lease).

That's exactly what motogp needs. Well, that and to get rid of a few of the idiotic rules they've imposed. I really think the problem with the ducati is the spec bridgestone tire more than anything.

16. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

I think that would be a wise move as well.
    He is a class act on the PR side and a marketers dream as a spokesman for their brand....so he's got what, 3-4 years left career wise? If so, I'd go for the dough and leave the heroics behind....

17. jd96

jd96 Well-Known Member

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

19. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Yup. Spec tire = spec chassis. The Bridgestones are designed to work with the majority of bikes.... aluminum twin spar frames. It also leads to homogenization of brakes and suspension. The Japanese have many decades more experience with the technology, of course they will outperform Ducati. The spec tire serves as a huge barrier to entry for anyone wanting to come into MotoGP, because technical innovation is now useless. That's exactly Honda and Yamaha's intent. They have huge experience and data on this chassis technology, as long as the tires are designed around it no other manufacturer can compete. Preziosi's design was brilliant and technically sound, but not when combined with tires designed for an entirely different type of machine. Ducati can't compete. They could have ended the problems with tire competition without going to spec tires.

20. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

^ that echoes one criticism of the BMW in WSBK. I can't remember who said it, but the gist was "BMW pissed me off with the S1000RR. They had a chance to do what BMW does best, and really innovate. Instead, they built a German GSX-R 1000. The Japanese have a 25 year head start perfecting and tuning that design, and people wonder why the BMW hasn't lived up to the hype?" Granted, they've put the BMW on the box multiple times since that (loose) quote was said, but I echo the disappointment of the "German GSX-R" comment.

An Italian bike should have some fire and personality as well. Spec tire does limit that.