1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you been Hazed??

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Team Atomic, May 8, 2003.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I didn't go through anything really bad during my pledging. The night of my initiation I was abducted. I had a pillow case pulled over my head, got thrown into the back of a 260-Z and was taken to a strange house, where I was put up in the attic with an impossibly difficult written final exam to take by candlelight.
    I was tipped off on this ten minutes before it happened, so I pulled and hid the coil wire of the Z-car. God, was the owner pissed! He was a cranky bastard anyways, because he got so much shit for being ROTC (which wasn't considered very cool in 1972 :D )

2. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I've been hazed in junior and senior high plus in the Navy.

In the nuclear program(prior to lawyer seeking pussies screwing things up) we would get special name tags when we qualified as nuclear operators. The instructors would "tack" them on by puching them good and hard. Yeah, it hurt for awhile but damn it felt good to get through the training. It was the best damn painful feeling. :)

3. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

My team mates and I all belong to fraternities so hazing is not an unfamiliar term to us.
    These kids nowadays have this tendency to take things to the extreme almost to the point of ridiculousness. My experience is that the fools that hit the hardest, or 'haze' the most viciously are cowards and only do so anonomously. Some have pent up frustrations either sexually or emotionally. I always noticed that the smallest fukker with a chip on his shoulder always had some bullshit to say to me being an athlete. My best guess was that these fools were envious of my inner as well as outer strength and used the pledging process as a way to 'get even'.

OTOH, some of these kids are so friggin stupid to the point it becomes dangerous. Everyone's heard of a fatality as a result of hazing, and of the group everyone claims ignorance, while nobody claims responsibility.

Make everyone involved responsible for their actions I say.
    As usual, we all wait till an accident happens to become concerned.

4. Kevin Crauswell

Kevin Crauswell Well-Known Member

Purple haze all in my brain

lately things don't seem the same.

Act'n funny I don't know why
    exuse me while I kiis the sky !

oh.. wait. you mean something else.......... sorry:p

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Never did understand any hazing past the point of the same dares to do stupid/embarassing things between friends. Anything that hurts someone else is mean and serves no purpose. Not to mention that I have this self defense thing, never would have made it into a frat I guess. My idea of revenge for stuff like that isn't to pass it on to the next group of newbies but to get those that did it directly to me.

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

A little bit of pain is okay but injury and significant pain is just too far. I also agee with Buck about a few kids going to far.

In the navy I only took a certain amount then the hazer paid the price. Such as with tacking on the qualified operator badge. One instructor didn't believe me when I told them that they get one shot. As many know, I'm not a little guy. The one instructor tried a surprise shot from the side and my natural reflexes made him miss. He tried again later... I blocked it them punched him so hard on his instructor's badge that it knocked him on his ass. He jumped up and started to get a little cocky then thought the better of it. :D

7. atl_hooligan

atl_hooligan Well-Known Member

On my high school wrestling team everyone would jump the new guy, hold him down, and beat him senseless!

When I was the new guy, and I saw 6 guys running towards me, I picked up the bar used on the overhead pull down machine and clocked the first guy in the side of the head :eek:

Needless to say, I didn't get hazed! :D

Got in a little trouble with the coach though! But I just asked him what kind of wrestler he preferred to have on his team...someone who'd let a group of guys kick his ass...or someone that would kick a group of guys asses? :D

Every sport or organization usually has hazing associated with it...in every instance I found that fighting violence with violence solved the problem!

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A long time ago, it a galaxy in upstate NY I pledged a fraternity. Well, the a few of the brothers took me out boozing with them and a bar fight ensued. Well it was 4 of us and 10 of them. To keep the story short, We won. BIG TIME. I got a nickname from the brothers who mattered of DW. I also got 3 guys who were the most hardcore, crazy Mother Fookers you'll ever meet watching out for me. I never got hazed too bad afterward because they were afraid of a 5'9" 135 and his 3 running buddies.
    I also repaid any sh@t that I thought was over the line with interest.

Got to set your boundries, and not let ANYONE step over them.

9. atl_hooligan

atl_hooligan Well-Known Member

Yeah Dave? Well when I was...:Poke:

:D

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

:D Don't worry man, I got your back. :D

11. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Strangely enough, I got the nickname 'Uncle Buck' because of my tendency to 'protect' initiates & pledgees. I always thought hazing to a certain extent was good for character, but I never let it get out of control by the few malicious folks that never seem to show up for 'regular business' but always make an appearance for initiation ceromonies. Believe it or not, I was the kid that was picked on growing up, so I have a soft spot for folks that have no means to protect themselves.

12. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

You got picked on growing up? Damn there must have been some big sumbitches in your neighborhood cuz I'm guessing you didn't just grow big after college. :D