1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hallett Motor Racing Circuit Info, please

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Bruce Brown, Mar 25, 2002.

1. Bruce Brown

Bruce Brown Well-Known Member

What's it like camping at the track? Electricity, showers, etc.

Thanks

Bruce

(Also posted on the general forum)

2. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

It's been awhile since I was there last but don't count on showers. In fact I only found one water spigot in the entire place and it vomited brown, rusty water. There are plenty of porta-johns though.

I was one of the very few individuals who actually camped overnight... bring plenty of water and wipes if you do.

3. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

When I was there last spring, I didn't see any shower facilities. Still portable johns, and enough wind to blow them over when you opened the door. Pick one with a leeward facing door if the wind is up! Even if you find a place to shower, you'll be coated with dust soon afterward anyway. [​IMG] But the track is fun...

4. Greg Williams

Greg Williams Old & slow

For the past year there have been renovations going on at Hallett. When we were there last (Oct 2001) there were showers under construction. We race there four or five weekends each year and almost always camp. You can usually find somewhere pretty isolated to pitch a tent. It's better than a lot of tracks for camping.

5. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

I stay in stillwater!They have a coulpe of low cost places!LOL! The El-Sol has been redone thanks to me and my buds staying there all these years!LOL!it 25 minutes from the track and has a Wal-Mart!Open 24Hrs!Whoo Who!No showers!But they have a hose hanging outside the tower!Cold Well water!Bring earplugs if your lite sleeper!Highway gets LOUD!Glad to see some more vintage racers are going to show up!C-Ya there!

Steven #1 vintage 6

6. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

What about the open practice? Is it still a "run what you brung" affair? I've never seen so many guys riding Hyabusas on a track while wearing jeans and sneakers.

[This message has been edited by Diesel (edited 03-26-2002).]

7. Bruce Brown

Bruce Brown Well-Known Member

Thank you for the info guys!

I'm kinda of a vintage racer since I run a 1997 MZ Skorpion :) My other bike is a 02 Triumph Daytona. I ride with AHRMA because they have good classes for my odd (get it, odd number of cylinders) bikes.

As far as practice goes it should only be open to riders who are pre-registered for the AHRMA races on Saturday and Sunday. This should be a AHRMA run practice so the "zip and splats" in t-shirts should stay home :)

Bruce