1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hall County Speeding Ticket

Discussion in 'General' started by TrentThomas, May 3, 2010.

1. TrentThomas

TrentThomas .........

My wife got hit with Laser from a Hall County deputy.

83 in 65 on the 4-lane near Road Atlanta

We live in NC. Just wondering how things work there regarding pleas / reductions, and the reciprocity with NC for insurance and license points.

I will get an attorney if necessary, but I know some places will let you plea without spending the $300.

Good attorney recommendations appreciated none-the-less, for consultation purposes.

Thanks

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I'd find out for sure, if they report. If not, put your CC away and never, ever, under any circumstances return to Ga.

3. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Are you aware of the state fine you will be receivng in the mail in addition to the ticket?

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Oh that's right. 83 qualifies for the special bonus performance driving award.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The super speeder law is 85 on a 4-lane.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Interstate or any 4 lane? If so he missed it by this much.:D

7. TrentThomas

TrentThomas .........

Enlighten me, please...
    I know there will be a fine and court costs related to the convicted offense - are you saying there is something else in GA as well?

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Mongo is correct. Had you been nailed for 85 on a 4 lane or 75 on a two lane they would have tacked another $200 to the fine.

(and the two lane is for one lane going in either direction. apparently you could technically not be hit with the fine on a one way street.)

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you're busted for 75 or more on any 2 lane or 85 or more any other road then it's another $200 fine from the state. Truly stupid law since the 75 or more isn't an amount over the limit but a flat 75mph - so it could be in a 55 or in a 35 and it's the same $200 fine.

10. TrentThomas

TrentThomas .........

Thanks for the enlightenment. Guess she was lucky there.

Happened about 10 miles above Gainesville on 365 - moto cop hidden behind a treeline along the roadside, with a gap just big enough to shoot his LIDAR gun through...

11. TrentThomas

TrentThomas .........

So, *nobody* here has any experience with the Hall County legal system?

That's hard to believe... :)

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We know better than to speed in Hall County :D

13. Ga-Bandit

Ga-Bandit Well-Known Member

Georgia Ticket - Out of State License
    Georgia will report your speeding ticket back to your home state and it will be posted to your driving record and treated just as if the ticket was issued in your home state. Some states do not enter minor out of state speeding tickets so check with your DMV to be certain what effect the Georgia ticket will have on your license before you just send in your money.

For example a 15mph+ ticket in Georgia will earn a North Carolina driver a 30 day suspension of their drivers license.

http://www.speedingticketcentral.com/Georgia-speeding-ticket.html

http://thegeorgiaspeedingticketkiller.com/home.php

14. TrentThomas

TrentThomas .........

Yeah, I knew about the 15 over suspension. Thanks for the links.

I'm really looking toward getting the charge reduced to something less painful, and need recommendations on good attorneys in the area.

15. Parkerson

Parkerson Kabahm

I have experience with Hall County legal system... It sucks. Beg to get them to drop it to 80, which they may do. But, they are going to try to milk you for as much money as possible. Atleast, these have been my experiences with them. You should be happy it wasn't Oakwood police!

16. Ga-Bandit

Ga-Bandit Well-Known Member

I don't know him personally but there is one recommended on the site in the first link

17. UGADAWGBEAST

UGADAWGBEAST Well-Known Member

whats the deputys name?

18. TrentThomas

TrentThomas .........

Officer: Cobb
    Badge: 4308

19. johnnypantz

johnnypantz super duper squid!

i thought the "special" fine only applied to residents of GA

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's more cash - why would it matter where you live as long as you pay?