1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gym membership

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Apr 3, 2023.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I found that part funny..

2. Nope. Fuck him. Had he acted like a “small business owner” and used good communication, gave me some notice, was willing to negotiate, etc…then maybe.

I walked in the gym, got my ball out of my bag, went back there and found the doors locked with a big sign that said “BASKETBALL COURTS CLOSED PERMANENTLY”

At the same time, the wife went to her classroom only to find a similar sign. We actually met in the hallway and were like “WTF is going on?”

And then the attitude he gave me on the phone? Fuck him. He is lucky he hasn’t already seen me in person….

Im all for supporting “local small businesses”. I get gas from a small “mom and pop” store down the road, even though it’s $0.20 higher than everywhere else, because they are good people and their dog loves me.

And don’t get me started on the amount I spend at local gun shops.

I don’t treat people bad, I treat people accordingly. Be a good person, I’ll be with you till the end. Be an asshole, and I’ll be right there with you, and I can probably be a better asshole.

As far as my spine, yeah I can still lift. I workout twice a day, 6 days a week (cardio in morning, then weights in the afternoon).

I just have to keep my spine neutral. I can’t do heavy squats, deadlifts, or pull-ups, etc. I can do shoulder presses as long as I do them seated and stay under 185lbs.

So yeah I can lift, I just have to be mindful of the stress I’m putting on my spine.

noles19 and brex like this.
  3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You may or not know this being in the oil industry. But buying gas from them helps but very little because the profit margin. But buying items in the store is what would really help them. So buy all their cases of water or something next time for example :crackup:

4. :crackup:

I mainly go to play with the dog :D

5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

So drop an extra $20 for your “pooch therapy” when you stop by ;)

Gorilla George and noles19 like this.
  6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Whats the gym email address? I will quietly forward them the link to this thread.

That should stop any issues you have with them trying to collect.

tl1098, Phl218 and scottn like this.
  7. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

8. :crackup:

9. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

My bad, I didn't realize it was the owner you were talking to. I thought it was one of the guys who try to sign people up in exchange for free workouts.

I agree He should have made his plans clear, people don't like surprises.

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

So you pay an extra 20 cents to pet somebody's dog, don't most people charge for that service.

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Me too. I did get some badass shirts tho!

IMG_20230404_081603841.jpg

HPPT likes this.
  12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

And dogs will chase you! Oh, what fun.

13. In Your Corner

Some people weren't paying attention.
    Do not dispute anything with any collection agency, do not talk to them at all. You are just asking for trouble if you do.
    In the unlikely event that they ding your credit, dispute it with the credit agency, not a collection agency.
    You can also enter an explanation of the situation on your credit report.
    There is no need for a lawyer over a disputed possible $840 bill, this is an MTFU situation.
    (Man The Fuck Up)

14. In Your Corner

Didn't realize you were that short.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It keeps him closer to the feet...

HPPT, eggfooyoung and R Acree like this.
  16. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Personally, if given the opportunity to speak with a collection agent, I try to get them to tell me what combination of poor life choices led to them wasting their lives performing a meaningless and unfulfilling task which, in addition to providing a meager salary, subjects them to scorn from pretty much the entire population. Maybe I'm just an unpleasant individual.

Phl218, Yzasserina and ungwaha like this.