1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guy Martin

Discussion in 'General' started by mike574, Jan 18, 2017.

1. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

just reading is is joining Honda to run the tt this year. That retirement from road racing did not last long

ajcjr likes this.
  2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

He's an alien, too!? That explains the dialect, I suppose...

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There is, was and always will only be ONE martian! Mumbles McGirk ain't him.

4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Good move from Honda to hire him, he'll bring exposure to the new Blade even if his results aren't there. Of course, they have Mc Pint for that :D

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd love to have a weekly round table meet the press type of show with Martin, B Bostrom, Jamie James and rotating fourth. Add someone like KR senior as the moderator.

Martin "Mmmph nurpth gronk mmmph wing wing!"
    Bostrom "I'd like to add that clean water in camelback will make your moonbeam shine brighter, aura glows blue. Hacky sack!"
    James "dang ol' wang-a-doodle with your rooster crowing at dawn Gitty up and let her eat. Weeeeeeeeeee!"
    Roberts "Shut the f@ck up you dirt dicked pansy assed foreignf@cks a'fore I slap the dick outta your mouth!"

RRP, GSmann, ChuckS and 12 others like this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

7. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

Colin Edwards for fourth wheel

neckbrace likes this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

but Colin is just a younger, more PC Sr. He could moderate if Senior is busy.

Maybe Hodgson, you know, eye candy to get the chicks to watch.

9. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

I thought that was why you had BBoz. The "art" thread had me thinking about Leeann Tweeden the other day...

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nah, I included Ben because he might start off on topic but in no time he'll be talking about gawd knows what but it's usually entertaining.

"Ben, how did your dunlops hold up over the race?"
    "Thank you for asking, my dunlops were awesome which is why I painted my brand new car with latex paint, using only a q-tip and the bottom of my feet. Am I wearing pants? I sometimes forget to wear pants which makes buying soy milk an interesting experience. You like coconut cream pie, gilligan seems to like them. Gilligan is a great name. I want you to call me gilligan if you see me not wearing pants while buying soy milk and <looking around the room, off into space and then the palms of his hands> . . . that's why my dunlops won me the race."

11. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, you want KR Sr. to moderate something?

stk0308 likes this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Did you want ME moderating this place? A bit of chaos mixed with a foul mouth and a cup of don't give a f@ck might just help to create something fun. :D

JamesC459 likes this.
  13. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

This place is moderated?

Boman Forklift, 418 and Steeltoe like this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, remember Le Papa? He does some kind of shit, don't ask me what.

15. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Is that Agostini or Dunlop (Joey)?

16. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Guys a pretty cool mofo. You guys see "Our Guy In China" yet?

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Haha gotta look that one up. I saw something about rickshaw racing lol.

18. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Funny thing about Guy is fans love him but many people in the paddock could do without him

He's the one rider in the paddock I've never really talked to much. I admire him though and think he's good for the sport. If more riders took notes from him maybe this sport would be more popular....#justsayin

dsmitty37 likes this.
  19. 418

418 Expert #59

I agree but Guy has shown his ass on occasion or two. Some think it's cute but if every rider acted like him I would think people would get tired of the riders acting like a bunch of prima donnas.

Give me more Hutchy, McPint and Antseys.

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  20. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying every rider has to be like him...but there is plenty to be learned and bits and pieces to make your own.

Riders like him are what more fans and the public take notice and interest in...sponsors and media love him far more than anyone else

Jedb, mike574 and 418 like this.