1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSXRCAR Update

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by Coopster, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

The new ride is finally handling real well after getting the chassis sorted out, or I should say having a friend undo my F-Up in regard to ride height L to R, or as the NASTYCAR boys call it - Stagger.

T1 at Rd Atl is now taken topped in 5th, about 12,400 RPM on the front straight, and... just turn in. It actually pulls 5th all the way up the hill to T2.
    Right at 3G's for a good long spike, well over 2 for quite some time.

Yeah, it's sick...

Weather was in mid 80's, pretty humid, and managed to crank out a few mid 1:22's.

Attached Files:

2. SUPER K

SUPER K Run-off Tester

Impressive car. I'd love to get behind the wheel. Anymore pictures or closeups sans skin? How is the motor hooked into the axle? That type of car interests me to no end, especially since its the closest thing to F1 that mere mortals can build.

3. PCP

PCP King of the who?

That is bad ass.

4. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Video please :up:

5. Coopster

Vid

Man talk about a sore subject with me!
    It seems evry time I have a camera on board, especially pro televised stuff, the damn things crap out.

I had the race of my life at Rd Atl last Nov, started 5th, fell to 7th on start, battled back to 2nd, and on the last lap was 2nd thru T7, and finished 4th w/ left side wheels in the grass at S/F line. The company that rented me the camera for internet "broadcast" promptly "lost" the vid.

SpeedTV last ever Formula Mazda Pro race in '03. I was chosen as one of 2 camera cars, and got absolutely ZERO footage from both days (Q and R), all while having a best ever finish in that series of 4th.

I have ONE session that actually recorded on my GO PRO, from Daytona.
    It seems that those cams don't do well in the high vibration environment of these cars/bodywork.

6. Coopster

pics of chassis / engine

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  7. Windshield

Windshield Well-Known Member

Any links to builders/series coordinators?

8. Coopster

How about old school addresses?

Sorry, I'm fairly illiterate when it comes to stuff like this

rfrcars.uk
    rfrcars.us
    phoenixraceworks.com
    formula1000.com - lots of info here
    stohrracecars.com
    novarace.com
    citationcars

also apexspeed.com, go to FB section (Formula B) A bunch of vid and pics.

9. Coopster

Found the really recent "underbody" pics

Attached Files:

10. maidenamerica71

maidenamerica71 expect the unexpected

that is awesome!

11. backMarker01

backMarker01 Well-Known Member

How much does it cost to build one of these from the ground up and cost to buy one? I would to own and race one of these open wheeled single seat cars once I have the time and money.

12. Coopster

Time and money...

Think lots of both!

There are currently a few used turnkey cars and spares packages available, ranging from about 15 or 20k up to 35k.
    Brand new rollers are about 50-55k, and by the time they get engines, dampers and dash/data, figure 60-65k.

My championship winning car from '09 is available from the folks that own it now for right at 35k, includes 4 total wheel sets, and a bunch of other stuff.

I remember thinking that $200 for a set of Michelin Hi Sports back in the day was expensive.
    Tires for a beast like this are $800/set and go off enough after 3 heat cycles, right about a weekend's worth of running.

We have one guy out of AL who built his own car, using a few parts from a existing car like uprights, steering rack, calipers, etc. He's got way less than the above referenced $'s, is having a ton of fun, but the car is not on the pace of brand new or converted chassis.

13. Coopster

Link to YT vid from Rd Am last weekend

Not my car, but a friend of mine who put it on pole with this lap in Q.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z2B0mxkU5g

Remember these are stock '08 GSXR1000 engines straight out of a streetbike wreck, running a dry sump oil system, AND a very high dollar Geartronix electronic shifter.
    The braking zones are so short that there is hardly enough time to get 4 downchanges done manually (as I found out in my car, w/o this system) going into T5 and 12.

14. ecf

ecf Well-Known Member

15. Coopster

ARRC

Hi, There were 2 open wheel groups, one was smaller, non-winged cars, and the other was our class, Formula B, or F1000, and some motorcycle powered sportsracers also. Not sure of group #...

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

cool stuff!

17. ecf

ecf Well-Known Member

What # and color?

18. Coopster

ARRC

#43, Blk/Org

19. ecf

ecf Well-Known Member

20. ecf

ecf Well-Known Member

Here's one from Road Atlanta back in November.

[​IMG]