1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gsxr k5-6 superchargers?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by sootyparrot, Oct 20, 2010.

1. sootyparrot

sootyparrot Member

hi all
    i run a hillclimb single seater and looking into getting a little more power
    ,has anyone fitted a super charger to the gsxr 1000 k5-6 and what problems
    have you come up against ? is it loads of hassel .and can the motor handle the extra bhp.

thanks paul

2. duggy

duggy Member

typically superchargers run on the drive belts of the motors as seen on cars. only way I think this would work is to fab up something that runs off the sprocket and drive chain. this is the reason why most people go turbo.

3. sootyparrot

sootyparrot Member

they are used on lots of bikes off the crank i think

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Check with the top-fuel drag race crowd.

5. sootyparrot

sootyparrot Member

its not the fitting im looking for, its the problems of reliabity and expense if it blows the motor ect

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

A knowledgeable shop will install the necessary beefed-up internals in the engine AND the transmission and build a fuel delivery system that will make a number of passes before needing serious maintenance. Check with Chip @ KWS on here for reputable builders.

7. frekeyguy

frekeyguy Well-Known Member

Why not a turbo?

04/05 ZX10 SUpercharger kit...

[​IMG]

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Supercharger has no turbo lag, doesn't have to spool up. But they are usually heavier (more components) and more expensive by comparison.