1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSXR EmPro ECU

Discussion in 'Tech' started by piper907, Jan 30, 2008.

1. piper907

piper907 Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me if the Yosh EmPro ECU for an 06/07 GSXR 600 will work on an 06/07 GSXR 750???
    If not, what do I have to do to make it work.. :)

thanks for your time and, CHEERS! :beer:

2. 23k5

23k5 Well-Known Member

3. piper907

yup... i got everthing all worked out with the 600... and now I want to race a 750 this season!
    go figure!:rolleyes:
    the part number is going to be different regardless of wether they are interchangeable or not. Just to track sales of the item for different bikes.
    I think it can be done... Why else would you have to program the ECU for one bike or the other if they are not interchangeable?
    I Have had great luck on here before getting help from some VERY knowledgeable people and I was hoping I could save myself a bit of time by getting in touch with someone who has done this before.:beer:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  4. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Everything looks identical but the stock ECUs have different part numbers and we couldn't get a 600 EM to mix out right on a 750. Struggled all over the map. Put 750 in and had it perfect in less than an hour.
    That was the only time we tried so not saying that's concrete.

5. piper907

Hey huey... were you using a stock 600 harness on the 750 motor? or did you swap the harness out when you swapped the motor? or where you using a KIT harness?
    either way, thanks for the info...
    I kinda figured that this wouldn't be a "simple" swap.
    I guess the next step is to get the Pin-out diagram for the stock 750 ECU and compare it with the 600...
    I have an OEM 600 manual, but If someone has the OEM 750 manual and would like to scan a few pages for me that would be SWEET!

6. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

It was a "superstock" 750 with it's orginal harness and everything.
    The 600 and 750 EMPros used to be interchangeable. But this year we put what we had left over from a 600 in the 750 and it just wouldn't tune right at'all.
    Ordered one specific for the 750 and vroom, vroom.

From Suzuki the harness #'s are the same but the ECU is different by 1. Can't remember if it was that way before or not.

7. piper907

well $h!t...
    Thanks for the info Craig... Although it doesn't sound very promising for me:(
    I do believe you saved me quite a bit of time and pulling my hair out.

so... who wants to trade a 600 EmPro for a 750 one??? huh, huh?:beer:

8. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

might be interested if you want to sell yours.

9. piper907

well... make me an offer i guess.
    I am pretty close to just racing a 600 for another season:(