1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSXr Brake improvemt

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Limey, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Limey

Limey Well-Known Member

guys;

Got the suspension sorted (Penske and traxion) and since my previous track bike was an F3 Im more than happy with the power, but I want to try and improve the brakes. i have kevalr lines, running Vesrah pads (the mid cost ones) on standard rotors. Whats the best bang for the buck to improve the brakes. i rode a buds 996s with the wave rotors and thought they worked well, are they worth it. What about brembo rotors/
    any guys have any experince and ideas?

Thanks

2. fat bloke

fat bloke Well-Known Member

my 2000 gsxr 750 has EBC prolite rotors the GFA "kit" pads braided lines and a brembo master cyl off of a 748 and it stops my 275lbs pretty well...........

3. bmfgsxr

bmfgsxr Well-Known Member

yeah, the brembo master cylinder is tits. i want one for my bike.

and any aftermarket rotors with the suggested pads for that rotor would be an improvement.

4. puresportsdesigns

puresportsdesigns Yea, I guess

I have an SV with GSXR front end. EBC ProLite rotors and EBC HH pads make for easy one finger braking.

5. Limey

Limey Well-Known Member

Tahnks guys, got a source for the brembo master and is it just a straight swap with the original/

Thanks again

6. fat bloke

7. Limey

Limey Well-Known Member

Thanks fat bloke, got a source you can tell me about..
    im guessing your response is no :)

8. Limey

Limey Well-Known Member

I have located a duc brembo master, a pal had one lying around, does it matter what year it is from?
    also, why does this make a dif, coz its basically just a conbtainer for the brake fluid? im not disputing it isd better , hjust wonder why?

Cheers

9. fat bloke

the internal ratio,s are different plus its just a better unit, i tried a couple before i settled for this one they all seem to work differently, if you want to improve the brakes on a budget just use steel lines good fluid (i use motul 600f) and EBC race kit pads (the GFA model HHs not the GF model HHs) and you will find a massive improvment with that alone, depending on wich year your new master cyl is off and wich bike they all seem to work different, mine is off a 2000 748SP i got it from the UK a while back, good luck.......

10. puresportsdesigns

puresportsdesigns Yea, I guess

I'm looking for a different master cylinder:D

11. Limey

Limey Well-Known Member

Ok thanks.
    Im gonna put the brembo on.
    Im researching aftermarket rotors as well.
    I have the kevlar lines and vesrah pads but they do start to fade a bit.
    thanks a lot guys. jus one last q, to be sure i understand, the master cylinder is the container up on the clip ons right, that hold sthe fluid?

Cheers, thanks again

12. fat bloke

that`ll be the one mate!

13. bmfgsxr

bmfgsxr Well-Known Member

hey bloke,

so the mc from the duc just bolted right on correct? no special fitting was required i assume.

14. fat bloke

from wot i remember it did i had to use a two line bolt from ducati as the suzuki one had different threads i think, works fine but the levers cost more!

15. Limey

Limey Well-Known Member

Thanks Bloke and you other chaps!
    Do you think its worth going for a radial unit?

Tar

16. fat bloke

only if you got the cash but remember they aint like snap on tools the radial man dont replace them when you brake them!