1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSXR 1000... ready to pull the trigger

Discussion in 'General' started by Crash1k, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Crash1k

Crash1k Well-Known Member

Well, I put 53k on my '04 GSXR and just recently sold it. Going to pull the trigger this week probably.

I've been reading up mainly in RRW on the bike and a little bit about comparing it to the others. I had kinda narrowed it down to the GSXR or the Kawi.

I went and test rode both (GSXR 1k and the ZX-10R) last weekend. Both were the 07's... I was not nearly as impressed as I thought I was going to be.
    I've seen the dyno charts that Chip posted on the GSXR. And from how the mag's write them up, I was thinking I was going to jump on it and think "WOW!" But instead, I was left feeling like maybe I should just keep my '04.. Well, it sold this last weekend and now I'm stuck buying the '07.

Anyone else felt they weren't what most were making them out to be?

Chip, if you see this, what is your take on these things now? Do you have enough seat time to really give some good honest feedback?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For racing the Suzuki is the only choice, even Kawi can't get their 10's handling right.

3. Crash1k

Mongo, any thought's on what I mentioned about the "WOW" factor? or maybe just too much seat time for me on a liter bike?

4. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

If he put 53,000 miles on it in 3 years, my bet is that he wasn't racing it! :D Unless he was racing in the southeast, and just riding his racebike all the way out here from California for each event. :up:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd guess that it's too much time on a 1k already. They're not making huge leaps and bounds every year just a lot of little changes that add up.

6. Crash1k

HAHHAHAHHA!!!
    No, wasn't racing it.. not yet anyways.. have been thinking about doing the WSMC series. Need to free up the money a bit more first. Track days are fun, but feeling the need to compete sooner or later.

7. Amit

Amit Well-Known Member

I personally wasnt impressed by the new 07 gsxr 1000. If you can find a left over 2006, i think you would be a lot happier

8. Crazy444

Crazy444 DiveBomber

What mode did you have the 3 position ECU fuel map switch on, when you rode the GSXR1000? Maybe that is why it didn't wow you?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  9. Booger Van der Jackass

Booger Van der Jackass Well-Known Member

10. Crash1k

There is only one mode to ride that bike in... Believe me, I actually stopped and double checked it.

11. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

It's amazing to see the gap sometimes between early CAD design and actual production line model. Mladin and now Spies has won so many times on anything Zuk comes up with. You'd think others would follow auto industry standards and take the bike apart to make a copy!

Me personally...if you liked the 04 then find a low mileage 05-06! If you buy 07 make sure you find a dealer giving the thing away. Around me they are going for 10.8 out the door!

12. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Waaaaaaaaa! Boohoooooo! Waaaaaaaaaaaaa! you have to buy a new motorcycle Waaaaaaaaaaaaa!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

13. Crazy444

Crazy444 DiveBomber

What mode is that? This was a 2007?

I took this from Sportrider article: With each mode, cuts the hp, up or down. Of course the raining mode, being the lower amount hp to the rear wheel.

Controlling the new 2007 GSX-R1000 is a new engine management system with massive computing power with four times the capacity of the previous models. The new ECM controls not only the fuel injection and exhaust systems but also make it possible for the rider to select from three performance settings to match riding conditions, using a three way switch mounted on the right handlebar. Engine mapping will vary for each setting and each map was developed using experience gained building racebike maps for rainy, mixed and dry conditions. Switching from map to map will be instantaneous making it possible for the rider to use different maps for different sections of the racetrack

14. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

I'm impressed that you got to test ride a bike. ;)

Didn't think anybody did that.

15. Moto.

Moto. Le' Moto

what about the Yamaha? they're cleaning house in FIM SuperStock. at Assens there was one Kawasaki lol...