1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grow up

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Dieselboy, Nov 7, 2011.

1. I tend to agree with what he said; however, Monsanto has a particularly dark side (agent orange, life patents), and thanking them isn't too far up on my list.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/OAOrT0OcHh0

2. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Love it love it love it. :)

3. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

4. earacing

earacing Race Dad

He is absolutely correct. I loved this:
    Sounds a lot like what folks have been saying here on the beeb.

5. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Monsanto Roundup Ready Canola = pure evil

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

3-1/2 days for you! :D

7. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

Seriously. Everybody should have received an award at GNF. It's just not fair.

8. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Spot on.

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I really don't know who that Whittle character is but this is the second time I saw a video of his that made complete sense. Kudos! :up:

Oh and I had to add that I actually got to see these OWS people on Sunday when I visited the 9/11 Memorial Park, looked like tent city. I heard through the rumor mill there they tried running genny's to power up their stuff but apparently, goes against the city ordinances so they were removed. I give them another short few weeks when the temps really start dropping before they get cold, bored and go home.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  10. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

What is with the skinny 80's tie?

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

While agreeable on some levels, his "you should be thankful for the corporations" shit is wrong. It's not the corporations that anyone should be thanking, but instead the workers that keep the whole machine running. Granted, the workers probably wouldn't have jobs without the corporations but the corporations absolutely wouldn't be able to function without the workers.

These OWS idiots are the extreme end of the spectrum and I disagree with where this entitlement/something for nothing idea has gone, but the roots of it are sound. True, brutalist, unchecked capitalism is destined to fail. Well, not fail, but reset every so often. The idea of capitalism is to acquire as much wealth as possible as quickly as possible. As there is only so much money in the economy, eventually so much of it will be amassed at the highest ends of the spectrum that there is not enough liquidity for the economy to function. At that point, it is reasonable to expect the people at the bottom of the spectrum, which at this point is virtually everybody but the extremely wealthy, to revolt and re-acquire that money by the only means they have left - force.

12. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

nobody should be thanking anybody. The workers get paid, the corp makes money, I get the goods or service. Its a business relationship. No thanks required.

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

What do YOU do for a living?

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He had my interest until he thanked Monsanto.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What? Are you high?

You mean the workers aren't indentured servants, the corporations aren't strongarming bullies forcing customers to buy their wares, and the customers are free to take their business elsewhere should they choose to?

Blasphemy, I tell ya. There's a special spot in Hell for people who think like you. :tut:

16. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I sell something.

The client gets the service.
    My company gets the profit (minus 10%)
    I get the 10%.

No thanks needed. Just pay me.

Just had a new thermocouple put in my water heater 10 minutes ago. I did not thank the guy, I paid him. He did not seem to mind.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He didn't seem to mind because unlike you he is polite.

18. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

He was quick too. I did thank him for THAT.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You don't see a difference between thanking an individual performing a service in your home and sending a thank you card to Monsanto for being so good to humanity?

20. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

that is the point I am making. We dont owe ANY business or service provider ANY thanks for ANYTHING. The money is their thanks.

I aint going to pop over to Exxon today and praise them for their refining. However, I did praise them to the tune of $74 this morning.

and fyi, I actually did thank the guy. He was very nice and loved my race bikes.

Just trying to agree with the point being made, we dont owe corporations shit but the money we pay them. They did not get into business to help their fellow man, they got in to make dollars, which is how I/we thank them.