1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grom shock for track duty

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by nsouza707, Oct 4, 2018.

1. nsouza707

nsouza707 Well-Known Member

Just got a Grom (actually a Motrac) for some mini racing. Took it to the track for the first time earlier this week and the suspension was BRUTAL. Have some new fork springs on the way to help with the front, but the rear needs some love to :Putter: Have any of you used any of the Racing Bros shocks? Only information I can seem to find is from "canyon riders" whatever the fuck that means. https://www.drowsports.com/racingbros-mono-r-honda-grom-125-shock/ Is it worth a look, or do I just spend the extra $200+ on Ohlins?

2. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

There is a guy selling some FOhlins that work real well.... also there is the 15$ for mod if its a 14-15. Go on hondagrom.net poss

3. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

4. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I have the Racing Bros MonoR and it is a great shock for the money. 85-90% of the ohlins on my brother's grom

5. nsouza707

nsouza707 Well-Known Member

Good to know, thanks.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

I got a yss on mine and am pretty pleased
    Also around 1fiddy

7. KevinT707

KevinT707 Well-Known Member

I've been seeing them on eBay being shipped from both Thailand ($190) and US ($219) and was skeptical, but you claim it's legit?

How easy is to figure out how to adjust the preload (to one's own weight) etc. because although I understand the basics, I've never done it.