1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Weekend at Jennings

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by fullmetalF4i, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Brooks

Brooks Wannabe Racer

yeah, definately some safety wire pliers,Ive still gotta wire my entire bike remember :P. And sunscreen! My entire face is peeling off as i type this, lol.

Also, The depot has some small window A/C units on sale for $80, of course im strapped for cash, but having A/C in the trailer would be worth it's weight in gold. do you want to split the cost of the unit, a peice of plywood and some plastic sheeting for the door Curtis? probably cost about $60 for each of us.

Ohh, and I thought Id let you guys know, Im putting in almost double my usual hours at work to make sure Ill have the cash next time around... Besides, what would you guys do all weekend without a noobie out there for you to help out? :D

Last edited: Jul 18, 2006
  2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I hear that doesn't happen to the HRC tanks.

3. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

totally on both accounts :up:

4. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Howard:

I am in between regions...........in the past I ran both regions.........this year I went on the cheap and did some in both regions. Just ran a races for fun.

Are you ready to join the ranks and jump out of V6lwt next year?

:beer:

5. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

V6LW actually has a lot of challenge for me yet. Ryan, Karl, Borge, Joe, Henry, Ed, Rebecca, Charlie... the list goes on. Everyone of 'em at or better than my level. I can't say that I came, saw, won, and am ready to move on. That tie'd to DSB (hopefully) expert will mean racing against a lot of these peeps plus Harry and every other god damned Duc 800 that will show up next year, plus every unlimited motard that cares to enter. There's a lot of competition out here now and the racing is plenty fun, all the while learning... learning.

Some day I'll have a big boy bike to go with my big boy frame. But I need to hammer on the little 400 some more for the grins.

Who knows, the way we're acquiring bikes (I can't work in my garage anymore. Isn't THAT a lovely problem to have! :D), I may campaign 2 bikes next season. Husaberg FC501 with a phat motard kit would be a hoot. Or buy an old F3. I ain't no green rider. Never have been, never will be.

-HJK

6. stickboy274

7. Brooks

Brooks Wannabe Racer

:crackup: :up:

8. MES Racing

MES Racing Well-Known Member

Not a green rider ... come to think of it, we don't even know if you can ride.:Poke:

but ya cook pretty good ... I guess Fullmetal has a good pit b _ _ ch! :crackup:

but next time check his gas ... and mine!

9. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
    Brooks will be ok out there, he'll probably drop the same kind of time that i did this past weekend.

10. Brooks

Brooks Wannabe Racer

riding is one thing, being fast is another.

my girlfriend can ride ;), but i would be worried if i ever saw her out on the track.

11. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

yeah well Rusty the guy that did the rider school with me is currently faster than you. he put up a coulpe of 1:39s....
    we need to get you out on the track with some good tires.

12. Brooks

Brooks Wannabe Racer

god damnit! the kid who wasnt even going WOT on the straights is faster than me?!!?! FUCK!

I really gotta get back to the track.

13. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

safety wire pliers on ebay, i should win a pair of them. decent price for 2.....
    you know we could just put that ac unit on the floor like the guys next to us (when we were next to the michelin station) did. just duct tape the tarp/ painter's plastic around it

14. V7 Jerry

V7 Jerry Well-Known Member

Harbor Freight is the place to get safety wire pliers.

15. MES Racing

MES Racing Well-Known Member

Don't sweat it Brooks, I've been doing this for three years and I'm still not fast.

16. stickboy274

Yeah, he still hasn't finished his last race yet.:Poke:

17. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

kicked my ass :bow:

18. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

So, let me get this straight............fullmetal came out on a nicely prepped V7mw bike, almost got on the box.......but ran out of fuel.......and supplied beer for his fellow V7 riders?

Sounds like a good candidate for V7mw rookie of the year so far.......

But since I didn't see the bike, or partake in any of the liquid refreshment....I can't make an official nomination.

19. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

"But since I didn't see the bike, or partake in any of the liquid refreshment....I can't make an official nomination."

..... and you should think less of yourself for not being there :D

20. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

I ran out of gas on the way........................not really, but I figured it fit in with the theme of the weekend.