1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graves R1 2013

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Pinnacle, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Pinnacle

Pinnacle Active Member

Greenville SC.
    If serious I can meet halfway.

2. One2

One2 Well-Known Member

I'll think about. I'm from NMB but stationed at Fort Bragg. My current home for now is Iraq.

3. Pinnacle

Pinnacle Active Member

No problem. :flag:

4. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

What fuel is this tuned for?

5. Pinnacle

Pinnacle Active Member

Map switch on left handlebar. Up is pump gas down is mr12/u4.4

6. michaelrc51

michaelrc51 Well-Known Member

Motor is a full SBK build?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7. Pinnacle

Pinnacle Active Member

Yes 100.
    My word doesn't mean anything though. I have never torn it down to see if it is in fact blueprinted. You can always call Gary at meen motorsports but then again I might have put a stock motor in it. All I know is I can't be in my garage with it running at idle. It's that loud.

michaelrc51 likes this.
  8. michaelrc51

michaelrc51 Well-Known Member

If I were you I’d call him and list the specs.
    If it’s able to be run on pump I may be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9. Pinnacle

Pinnacle Active Member

Yes it runs on pump gas.

Specs?
    Performance camshafts and strong valve springs.
    In line 4 cylinders in ama superbike make the power in blueprinting of the head. If it dont flow it dont go. Fueling is also a big factor. Pretty sure it has stock pistons and crank. Anybody including my 25 year old daughter can assemble a motor. However to get the big ponies out of a motor takes a special set of skills and a badass set of tools. Clearance is critical. Race motors are not built to last they are built to win ( depending on the application) Hope this helps.

10. Pinnacle

Pinnacle Active Member

Bike is currently off the market. The more I look at it, I think I would kick myself for letting it go. Thinking about finding a donor r1 same year range to put the street stuff on it and do a little riding every so often. Thanks to all of the interest while it was on here.

11. Pinnacle

Pinnacle Active Member

Bike is back for sale. Someone buy this thing so I can stop looking at it.

12. 418

418 Expert #59

Do you actually have specs on what was done to the bike and history of the bike? Thx.

13. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

If it was indeed built to the 2013 AMA rules, it's probably not far off from what he already described. They didn't allow much craziness inside the motor back then, so it's all going to be in the development of the heads and the secret herbs and spices that Graves/Dean figured out over the years as far as clearances and settings.

Pinnacle likes this.
  14. Pinnacle

Pinnacle Active Member

Thank you. More info coming.

15. Pinnacle

Pinnacle Active Member

The story I received. Chuck Graves had brought a 3rd team member on board in 2013. He was in a accident in some other area of life and was unable to ride any more. The bike sat at graves for a good bit. Some father bought this bike for his son. His son rode it one time and then it sat. David Henderson then bought it and raced it a handle of times. I then bought it thinking I still wanted to ride. I love mx again and it is just sitting there. Everything and I mean everything is still on the bike except for the dash and suspension data acquisition. I have a spare swinger and a spare hand made aluminum tank. Plus much more. The brakes alone were 10k in initial cost. I know it is old in road race years. To me though it is a smoking deal. I have much more than that in it. I want to keep it but it will just sit. It needs to be ridden and enjoyed.

418 likes this.
  16. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I remember that bike being listed here. You should find the old thread and link it. It had all the parts and build info in it.

17. David Henderson

David Henderson Rocketman

Maybe I can help out, I was the last owner of this bike, Gary Dean did in fact build this for Graves Team for a superbike rider on the team but then changed his mind. Gary Dean looked after the bike while I was racing it and winning races on it and championships! This bike will keep up with the 2016 R1's that guys bring to the track, it is a full out superbike bike, the brake calipers alone were like 6k or something ridiculous, it has World superbike rotors and wheels that are almost impossible to get - those came from a WSBK team - you can tell when you have those on vs the stock wheels-- there are videos of this bike running and racing on youtube- just search David Henderson and watch the bike pass a BMW 1000 at fontana- and blister the competition at Las Vegas. Or you can always just call Gary Dean at Speeddemon and he will tell you all about it

418 likes this.
  18. David Henderson

David Henderson Rocketman

forgot- yes it does run on pump gas!!

19. Pinnacle

Pinnacle Active Member

Thank you David.

20. gabriel waitman

gabriel waitman Well-Known Member

Bump...somebody buy this thing!