1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GP Shift on an '05 GSXR 1000

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Jamesm925, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Jamesm925

Jamesm925 Well-Known Member

so,

I thought switching over to gp shift was as easy as flipping the (excuse my poor terminology) shift left 180 degrees upside down.

i turned on the bike, and sure enough, it shifts down to 6th gear.
    but.....it seems to jump over neutral, which doesn't show up on the gear indicator. more importantly, once in 6th, the bike wont downshift.
    i had to turn it off, flip the shift lever back to the vertical position, and then shift down to neutral.....

:down: :confused:

2. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

Its not unusuall at all for a gear box to not shift properly while the bike is not moving. When its on, it may have more ease shifting up or down, but without actually having the bike in motion, the gear box might not shift. Some bikes you cant even get past 2nd gear. Put it back to GP shift, take it around the block and see if it works--

A bike on a rear stand will not shift properly 9 times out of 10

3. Jamesm925

Jamesm925 Well-Known Member

thnx andy.

actually, it turns out that you have to have the gear bracket (or whatever it's called) exactly at a certain angle.

I played around with it a little, and it now shifts up and down through the gears....while on the stand.:beer: