1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goofy sayings from people...

Discussion in 'General' started by Raceless man, Aug 31, 2021.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

2. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

We always used "Sharp as the leading edge of a ball bearing."

3. motoboy

My brother had a '66 Tempest with the 326. I had a '67 Bonneville ragtop with the high comp 400, I think.

4. motoboy

You're fucking this monkey. I'm just holding his tail up for you.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Dude!!! I love old Pontiacs. I still have my original, I love the big ole Bonnies too! I had a 66 Lemans/tempest same car, with the 326 2spd, plain but dependable as a hammer. The 67 400 was 330hp stock, great cars and drive trains, it would’ve had the best trans ever too the 400 turbo matic...

motoboy likes this.
  6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I really hope if someone is the resident authority on this one that they keep it to themselves :Puke::crackup:

7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Like having a big dump?

8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Exactly! We don’t know what killed him and he was on the toilet...

Robin, where in Eastern KY are you? I have a bunch of him in and around Hazzard county

your English is showing through... the having instead of taking a dump... canadian buddy used to beat that dead horse... “you don’t take it with you!”

9. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

“You're not the sharpest tool in the shed...”
    “Wouldn’t let him fix a sandwich let alone an engine”

10. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

No county called Hazard in Kentucky, there is a city called Hazard in Perry County. I'm in Pikeville, a bit east of there.

11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Sorry, Hazard the town, Perry county, thanks for the correction. Hazard is actually a ways off as Vicco is the actual place where the Cody family reunions were as a kid. Had some good racing friends originally from Pikeville, but ran out of Lexington area dealerships. What in the world gets a UK(no offense if you’re a Scot, or Welsh, English, or Brit that identifies differently)guy to that remote area of the world. That is some serious Appalachia there... They were in coal mining the generation before they became motorcycle guys.

12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

we actually have some legal tender for VICCO(Virginia International Coal Company) printed up like little dollar bills, can’t imaging living like they did. Only paid in company credits, rent, food, coal, everything went back to the company, which was the town and gov. I remember my papaws stories about the riots and fights when the feds came to bust up the union starts... talk about a hard life... he started in the mines at 12 years old and only had a 2nd grade education pulled out years before to work the farm ground and hunt for the family, one of 14 kids.