1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good News for Old Guys

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

The new RACETEC RR tires are now available in vintage sizes

In addition to the popular 17-inch sizing, the RACETEC RR is now available in 110/80 ZR 18 M/C TL (58W) front sizing, while 130/80 ZR 18 M/C TL (66W), 150/65 ZR 18 M/C TL (69W) and 160/60 ZR 18 M/C TL (70W) sizing have been introduced for the rear. The new front and rear sizes will be available in the K1 compound, the softest amongst those of the RACETEC RR. Unlike its predecessor, all sizes and compounds of RACETEC RR have the speed index W in brackets, which enables these tires to be used on public roads and not just on closed courses.

To learn more contact Moto Garage (CO) and or Fast From The Past. (GA)

upload_2019-9-16_11-53-11.png

Metzeler will display its latest additions to the RACETEC lineup at the upcoming Barber Vintage Festival on October 4-6 in Birmingham, Alabama, providing attendees the opportunity to see the new tires firsthand. Metzeler’s display will be set up in the Fan Zone alongside BMW and everyone is encouraged to stop by and enjoy a weekend full of activities.

“Expanding Metzeler’s RACETEC RR line with 18-inch sizing for classic and vintage racing is very exciting for the brand,” said Oscar Solis, road race manager, Metzeler. “Throughout the past several years, classic and vintage riding and racing have become quite popular, so this was the perfect time to provide a quality product for enthusiasts in that segment here in North America. The RACETEC RR has already had great success with classic racing in Europe and we look forward to making the same products available to riders here stateside.”

britx303 and ducnut like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You do remember you are retired right? :crackup:

3. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Sean, yeah but I'm so proud of the commitment the guys in Europe have made to racing tires. My former employer offers the largest and best supermoto, trackday, and race tire selection than anyone! Bad ass and superfast too.

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Awww snap!!! More tires for FZRs!!!!!

evakat likes this.
  6. joec

joec brace yourself

Wish those dunlops were still around....

7. joec

joec brace yourself

8. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

goddammit. (searches for FZR 400)

9. joec

joec brace yourself

10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

In 18" radial yes, and 17" too. But no bias ply stuff, sorry.

11. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I ran a 110 front and 130 rear on my CB350 and liked them. Granted they were Avon am22 and AM23 designed to run on wm-3 rims, but they worked fine. The front was a little heavy handling, but I don't like twitchy bikes. I wonder how narrow of a rim you can get away with for the 110 and 130? For my V2 Ascot I am limited to 2.75" rear and 2.5" front. I have a VF500F rear wheel and a VF750S front wheel in those sizes. Could I get away with the 130 and 110 Metzeler?

12. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Next question after Ken's is can the front 110 be flipped and run on the rear?

13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

The fzr400 tire shipped sailed years ago. I converted my 400 to a 17" wheel in 1995 because I knew the demand for that size was dead

14. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

I could never swap out my 18", it's a beautiful Marchesini off a TZ250!

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

I'm out with the wife at the beach in Texas so I can't check my data to help answer questions. Next week when I get back we can tackle them

16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

17. joec

joec brace yourself

I don't know what people are using for v1 bikes these dates but that was the norm. I'm usually running a 90/90 front 110 rear. Marshall just ran some skinny ass heidenau front at mosport and kicked ass with it. He said Saturday he was a little freaked out with it but it definitely didn't hold him back for the finals on Sunday. I think* only vrra has a rule against radials.

18. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I miss them too

19. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

I converted mine too. but it never looked right to me, and that's what's important now haha.

20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

I used katana 600 rear wheel and it matched the front pretty close. And I added different dog bones to get the ride height right