1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Golf in Atlanta?

Discussion in 'General' started by GixxerJohn011, Sep 21, 2022.

1. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I’ve got 2 days next week where the wife will be occupied during the day. I thought I had a hookup at East Lake but that’s not going to work. What do you guys like where you don’t need a member to get on?

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

My local golf snob friends what to know what part of town your staying in. Then they can make recommendations.

Like downtown atl or NE suburbs, South of city, etc

3. GixxerJohn011

Does Marietta narrow it down enough? Looks like we are staying close to 75 and 285.

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

#1 Echelon in Alpharetta
    #2 is farther away Barnsley Gardens out towards Rome
    #3 Hobblestone in Acworth.
    These are nicer public.

Are you a member anywhere that may reciprocate? If not those are your best choices.

Decent public courses would be Bridgemill or Bradshaw. But these are just OK.

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Did your East Lake connection come down with Covid by any chance?

6. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Not sure how far it is, but the course at Lake Lanier is a lot of fun to play. It's also the only course I have ever been to that you get free breakfast sandwiches, lunch (sandwiches and hotdogs), and ice cream with the round.

10-15 likes this.
  7. GixxerJohn011

Nope, just a flake I guess. I met the guy smoking cigars on a cruise. I doubt he’s really a member.

8. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

I played there back in 1996. Very nice course but back then It was a members only. Had a good friend that was member and got me in as a guest.

9. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member