1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going overboard as a dad???

Discussion in 'General' started by pjzocc, Feb 26, 2018.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Got a link to where to get the shirts from?

pjzocc likes this.
  2. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Not yet should have it live this weekend. Will share when it’s ready! If you’re on Facebook send me a friend request.

Thanks!

PJ Zoccolillo

3. fzrkidd

fzrkidd Well-Known Member

First time I've seen this thread, got sucked in and read/watched it all! As a dad who always gets told to chill when it comes to getting "too involved" or pushing my kids in sports, I'm inspired to keep pushing! As long as they're into it, I'll be there to help them along the way! I just want to say congratulations! You've both come a long way since "Did I go too far??" in 2018!!

PS, Be sure to get that T-shirt link posted!

pjzocc and ToofPic like this.
  4. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I sent you a friend request Paul Conner,Good luck!!

pjzocc likes this.
  5. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words! It’s been an amazing journey thus far and we’ve got so much more to do!

6. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Got it! Thanks Paul!

Should have a link for ordering shirts up soon. It’s a primitive link but will suffice.

Will livestream his fight in FB if anyone’s interested in watching.

ToofPic likes this.
  7. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf7-oloXS9zrzzHKNAQJ3QxRpGz6kgw98LgPF6NYho0S97IBA/viewform

Ok friends, here’s the link to a Google doc form for ordering shirts if anyone’s interested. Please PLEASE let me know if any issues with the form. Been testing it all morning and seems good to go. It’s a Venmo pay but if you don’t have Venmo message me and we’ll figure it out. Using Venmo as it’s attached to Joes account and we’re keeping fundraising separate from mine and Mrs PJZoccs accounts for accounting purposes.

If you can, DM me here and let me know you made an order so I can keep on top of it all. We’re looking to get shirts made quick for the fight 2/24 so we’re looking for orders by 2/10. Will look into further orders on a bulk basis going forward for support of his trip to Delaware.

And if admins frown on this please let me know. I’m not looking to ruffle feathers.

Thanks so much everyone who’s read through this thread and have kept tabs on Joe’s progress over the last few years! That alone has meant a lot to me as a dad, and to the boy as he’s read this thread as well. Y’all some good peeps on here.

THANK YOU

fzrkidd likes this.
  8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Just filled out form and paid - name is Kane.

pjzocc likes this.
  9. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Got it! THANK YOU!!!

For those ordering and I should’ve clarified but been a hectic day….

This first round of shirts is preorder and will be sent out in about 2 weeks or so. Once I have shorts in hand and ship them will message you directly with that info. Shipping is $5 so check that on the order form.

Thanks Kane!!! First order in!!!

10. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Thank you A A Ron!!!

fzrkidd likes this.
  11. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

The shit talking has begun! Apparently Joe’s last opponent has trolls flaming away! Just means that he’s a dangerous man!

(post has since been deleted)

And no, his mom (Mrs pjzocc) does not own the gym. We have no vested interest in the promoter. The boy just had a legit following. And definitely will have a solid cheering section come fight night!

0C718EF2-DEAB-4A70-8926-14C520DA52C5.jpeg

12. fzrkidd

Thats a pretty bold accusation ...

pjzocc likes this.
  13. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Just filled it out but do not have Venmo. PM on its way shortly

pjzocc likes this.
  14. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Thank you!!!

15. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Yeah definitely some big bullshit. That kid fought a little dirty and did a lot of clinching. Joe definitely took a shot to the nose (which ended up being an ELBOW we found out) which did bloody him up a bit. But Joe won the fight, and they’re just being bitches about it.

Joe wants to fight him again!

16. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Pic of said elbow
    6FD3E92D-7B56-4DD6-9E61-CFDE2E53E82E.jpeg

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, why do they bother with headgear?

18. fzrkidd

"no matter how bad you beat him/how bad you make him bleed" - she says ... but it does matter HOW you make him bleed! Elbows only count in MMA!

pjzocc likes this.
  19. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

They actually
    They actually offer a good amount of protection for head shots.

Not so much for elbows to the nose.

20. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

So we’re a week out from weigh-ins and Joe tipped in at 143.3# this morning, so he’s right in track. He’ll shed the last 3# this week.

The matchup itself has changed. His original opponent (Preston) participated in a WAKO tournament last weekend in Orlando and got KO’d Sunday putting him on the 30 day concussion protocol and disqualified for our fight. We were pissed that he put himself in that position 2 weeks out from a title fight but unfortunately this kind of stuff happens in the fight game. We got the news Monday afternoon, and were told there were 2 possibilities for replacement. One fighting from Buffalo area with a 2-0 record, and one from Chicago with a claimed record of 38-4-1. I’ll save the long story but Joe absolutely wanted the kid from Chicago. “I haven’t trained this hard for 4 weeks to take the easy fight. I want the challenge”. Mrs pJZocc and I were not in favor at all, but after gathering some intel, we accepted the fight Tuesday and this fight is on.

It’s gonna be a HELL of a battle!

Thanks to Aaron @fzrkidd and Alex @KneeDragger_c69 for taking some messages from me regarding his opponent. And thanks to those of you who’ve ordered shirts and given support! Shirts should be shipped hopefully end of next week. I will reach out to you with shipping info.

Next week is February break for the rotten children so Joe has a week to sleep in a little, take it easy and rest up. Light sparring but still getting his cardio and strength training in.

I’m nervous, excited, anxious, but most of all proud for how hard this kid has worked for this fight.

Thanks for following and for letting me ramble on.

7EDA9A2C-B4E3-4853-AE52-E7CFAEE718A6.jpeg

PMooney Jr. and fzrkidd like this.