1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Go digital, they said...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by pickled egg, Jun 3, 2019.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

What could go wrong, they said...

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:That is fucking awesome. Maybe it is because I am a crusty old man but this technology for the sake of technology just seems stupid to me.

Does Woolich software run thru Google?:D

TurboBlew and pickled egg like this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

And people wonder why I tell them I have a Smart Bridge system at home...and that's the only place it's accessible from.

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I have combo doors at the garage and love them but a blue tooth or other similar door seems about like leaving it unlocked. Of course so does putting a live mic in my house for them but that seems popular now.

5. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

This is why you have to choose technology carefully. Never depend on cloud servers for basic functions.

I went with the ISY controller for these reasons. Totally self-contained for basic functions, only uses a cloud service if you interface to cloud based crap like Alexa, etc.

cpettit likes this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My daughter gave me an echo dot for my birthday last year. First present purchased with her own money. I use it to turn the lights on and off in my office at the house. If she is listening, she ain't hearing much.

7. sheepofblue

Fixed

8. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Or yknow, they could walk over to the thermostat and adjust it. Or yknow, have a backup key on their keychain. But that would be too easy.

Newsshooter and Murcielago311 like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah I'm confused, all of the locks have other options than being on the internet, my Nest thermostats work fine without being online. The baby monitors I get but so what, walk your ass in their room or leave the door open.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

They're all just tools helping to get us closer to this as soon as possible....automate as much as possible so humans needn't do anything but take up space and consume.

[​IMG]

11. sheepofblue

Cartoon version. Reality is either Frito watching the spank channel in his recliner with a built in crapper or the players in Gamer (one creepy movie)