1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GNF Endurance Proposal... (for those that don't ever visit the Endurance Forum)

Discussion in 'General' started by couch, Sep 16, 2013.

1. AFORREST4

AFORREST4 Well-Known Member

I like trucks, WERA, & TOBC. :)

2. couch

couch Well-Known Member

All – it’s not that I don’t love the bbs but I’d like to establish a site where we can communicate with the Endurance Teams (present and future) directly and in mass. I’d like for this to be a place to exchange ideas for promoting the Series and a place where the Series would actually be promoted. So let’s give it try here… https://www.facebook.com/tobc.endurance.teams. Join the page, “like” the page, post to the page… and let’s see where it goes.

In an effort to promote some positive feedback, TOBC Racing will give away a set of tires at the WERA Atlanta Round and at the WERA GNF Round (at Barber) to a Team, group, or individual that registers with the page and sends us one or all of the following;

1. An Endurance Race Report,
    2. Photos of your team at a Race,
    3. Acknowledgement or promotion of a specific Racer on your Team,
    4. A video from the pit… tire changes, fuel, etc.
    5. Something thoughtful and helpful to promote the sport… including sponsorship ideas or offers, organizing suggestions, etc…

Let’s hope it’s useful… at a minimum, we’ll give out some tires.

3. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Yo,

We're still doing that 2 for 1 deal. :up:

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I'm game for anything positive such as this. :up:

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Good on ya', but you lost me at Facebook...

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can use the Endurance forum for that too if you'd like. That is what it's there for.

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

A set of tires just might warrant you joining.

9. couch

couch Well-Known Member

I suppose you're right... but to "wheel bearings" point, I do like the graphics layout and more interactive posts.

Just call it "magic marketing"... you just never know how these things work out... as I said... it's meant to be helpful.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We do use facebook, not magic.

Anyway, snide comments aside, I have no problem with it, just offering another option as one user doesn't do facebook.

11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

What about MySpace?

has anyone thought about that?

12. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Just wanted to be included.

[​IMG]

13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I suppose... but don't be pissed when my joining instantly makes it uncool and all of social media implodes.

14. caferace

caferace No.

Does ANYONE still use that?

-jim

15. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Personally I don't have any desire to join facebook and a set of tires isn't enough of an incentive to change that. If one of my team members wants to represent there that's fine with me.

16. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

Even endurance racers don't visit the endurance section... I did however notice the new Wheels in my news feed..

17. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

^ Yeah I was about to say, no one uses the Endurance forum. And Jim.... Only Dave uses Myspace. :D

18. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

:crackup:

19. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

best comment in this thread! :)

20. gilly442

gilly442 Well-Known Member

Very nice to see TOBC step up like that.. def got the wheels turning to put a team together. If only the powers to be were on board..