1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gloves too small

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by bsanorton, May 27, 2022.

1. bsanorton

bsanorton Well-Known Member

So I had a very hard time getting my gloves on in the Florida heat this weekend at Jennings. Had to rent a size up. Do gloves tend to stretch or shrink with age? Anybody got a size medium in Alpinestars or Dainese?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They tend to stretch as you wear them but if taken off wet/sweaty they can shrink. So the answer is yes, they can grow and shrink with age :crackup:

3. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Dont worry, you will end up with three pair and a fan to dry em out before too long.

Suzuka_joe likes this.
  4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

If they weren't pinching or too tight when wearing them, they are probably a good size. New gloves will stretch a bit and you'll get better at putting them on. But if you couldn't even wear them, they probably won't stretch THAT much.

I do hate that feeling of stiff shrunken gloves after you put them away sweaty or wet. Conditioning and cleaning will prevent that. And you can lay them on your tire warmers before the first session to soften them a bit.

5. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

I rotate 2 pair during the day and set them in front of a fan, end of day they all go inside my suit when I hang it on the hangdry