1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glock 44

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Dec 10, 2019.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Yep, Germany circa 1902. I just like giving people the obligatory shit when they aren't shooting the newest, tacticoolest, super operator shit. :)
    71A475CF-7943-40C6-B509-B8FAA0E31D89.jpeg

TurboBlew and Phl218 like this.
  2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm lusting after something more exotic, but glocks have always felt really natural to me. At anything resembling self defense range, I don't really even have to use the sights. The gun just comes up naturally and it's like pointing my finger and saying "bang".

3. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

YES.
    My FNP45 and FAL are two of the greatest weapons ever created.

4. redtailracing

Then I think you found your answer. They do have a unique grip angle that works great for some people and not so much for others. I've never owned one but have shot a few and ultimately ended up the VP9 because i shot it better. Seems the Glock grip angle isnt as natural for me. But you can't argue their reliability. And I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of the Euro mag release on the VP9. Lots of training with it and still not as fast on reloads as I am with the standard style.

5. redtailracing

I want an FAL in a bad way

6. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

...I stopped trying to keep track after the 34 & 35 "comp guns".

The only thing I find irritating is that for some odd ball point system the Glock 25 & 28 were never made available in the US.

7. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

8. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Attached Files:

ryoung57 likes this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

10. redtailracing

Gonna say they haven’t because they would have to spend so much up front just getting to where the others are currently. Expecting anyone to just jump in with the likes of FN, HK, Daniel Defense, BCM, Knights Armament, etc. having never been in that market before is a tall order.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

True. They'd be re-inventing the wheel. Look at the whole ACR debacle. All that work and all that investment and the gold standard is still the AR.

12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Did you have to turn in your 5.11 pants and scrape all the stickers off your lifted truck when you switched?

13. redtailracing

To be fair, Remington/bushmaster did an outstanding job of fucking that whole project sideways.

The scar is a fantastic platform but dollar for dollar it doesn’t outperform the AR by as much as the price difference would suggest.

14. redtailracing

:crackup: This is the funniest shit I’ve seen all day.

JBraun likes this.
  15. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

1575816673_wrpem1xgh7.jpg

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

17. Alanjtc73n

Alanjtc73n Well-Known Member

Supposedly they're named for their patent number. The G17 was their 17th patent. Then it just carried on from there. All the way to the newest pistol, the G44.

18. :crackup:

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They already have older guns with higher numbers?

20. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Dude.

Who gives a shit what they think? Are you dick measuring with your carry choice? If that's what you're in to might as well just lie and say Desert Eagle.