1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gimme money

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Dave K, Oct 22, 2003.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The kids don't have any money so we'll sue everyone else:

Gimme $246 million

I can't figure out which group is more asinine, the kids or the people suing.

2. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

How is it the fault of the people who made the game? Isn't it the parents fault for allowing the kids to have that game? What's the point of suing?? Oh wait, nevermind, it's all about money.

3. mad brad

mad brad Guest

EMINEM

"next time you assault a dude, just tell the judge it was fault, and I'LL get sued"

4. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

they need to just shoot the parents. end of lawsuit

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The other thing that gets me is the amount, $246 Million.

Two parties killed so that's $123 Million per individual.
    The one person was 45 the other 19.

Let's say they would live to be 80:
    The 45 year old would have 35 years left, while the 19 year old would have 61 years.
    $123 million for the 45 year old would be an average of $3,514,286 per year lost.

$123 million for the 19 year old would be an average of $2,016,393 per year lost.

This is of course before taxes, lawyer’s fees and any other incidentals.

Now what I'm saying with this math is that the money would be more value per year and is hugely out of portion of what either of the two could have hoped to generate. With the 19 year old you'd have to consider her possible offspring, but still a figure of $123 Million is grossly out of proportion of anything she could have hoped to have earned.

When did a death or a loved one become akin to winning the lottery?

6. mad brad

mad brad Guest

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Re: Re: Gimme money

Nah, then someone else would want $246 Million. Eventually we'd run out of $246 Millions to give out... and then where would we be? I tell you where, in Hell or in Arkansas, whichever is worse.

8. WeaselBob

got some time on our hands today, do we?

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I am suing Freddie Spencer. Racing highlights in 1985 put me into that wall last year. $123 mil, please. Thanks you Mr. Juror. :cool:

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Took all of 2 minutes to figure out and type. Now shut your pie hole and gimme $246 million.

11. WeaselBob

you've ruined the self-perception of my lips--$371 Mil settlement

12. 418

418 Expert #59

Posted by Papa Thiam :

Damn. Sounds like a plan.

Hook me up, yo. :D

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'll hook you up. I'll hook you up with half of YamaBob's butt kicking if you don't pipe down. :D ;)

Hey Bob, got your check for $246 Million in my mail box earlier, but it was in Canadian dollars so I spent it on a Diet Coke and a Gumball.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I am prepared to offer you an out of court settlement: One half a white gumball (was a blue one, but my team of lawyers got to lick all the blue off as part of their fee) and half a Diet coke (which I had to open with a poke from a Bar-B-Que fork since the lawyers got the pull tab) but I keep the can. I'll toss in half the candy I steal from all those kids on the 31st.

15. 418

418 Expert #59

What did I do...??? :confused:

I swear man. Why don't you pick on someone your own size.

Like Brad's mom. :eek: :D

Sorry brad, just :Poke: ya !!!

16. WeaselBob

I accepted and consumed your settlement

However...

1) I'm diabetic and while attempting to counteract the gumball sugar I went into insulin shock and experienced renal failure
    2) the caffeine exacerbated my explosive personality disorder and I went postal. Lacking sufficient firepower to eliminate the farmer neighbors, I grabbed my machete, intending to behead their cow (your lover wearing the punk-black eyeliner). Whilst unsheathing the weapon I sliced open two fingers which bled profusely on my tile entryway floor, causing me to slip and break my hip.

Not one to quibble over small detailed amounts, I've filed for a rounded-off $1/2 mil

17. WeaselBob

It doesn't matter, our attorneys are filing , you'll get notice by Fed X from Shapiro and Cochran

18. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

did ya happen to see the "columbine kids" on the news last night...

makes ya wonder :confused:

hey brad, do you have trigger locks on your guns? are they locked in a safe or in a locked gun cabinet??

19. mad brad

mad brad Guest

why would i. i don't have any warped peckerhead children. and if i did, i'm sure they would figure out how to remove them. trigger locks aren't for adolecents moron, they are for small children. :rolleyes:

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Guns don't kill innocent people, stupid F@ckin' @ssholes do.

And before you jump on me for that, I'm all for gun control.