1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Started In Endurance

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by kman0066, May 2, 2014.

1. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

If you guys are going to do it you better hurry.
    Big guy said he's shutting down the series.

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

if you need a semi-fast fatass, i'm in :up:

3. Phil we will talk soon. I was thinking me, you and Fred from Superbike unlimited but I have to call him and see if he's interested. Maybe Jeff? Not sure if he wants to ride my bike though.. Bike is solid, could use a little tuning but other than that and some tires we would be in business.

4. What are our other options? Phil and I are in, Jeff is a maybe and I'm waiting to hear from another guy. Looking late Sept October.

Appreciate any help and or insight.

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

You could go on the Chaotic plan- sign up for 8 sprints...some are bound to be back to back so it'll be kinda like an endurance race with a bike with a really small tank.

Just be at Barber...if enough show maybe WERA will offer a stay of execution for the series.

6. I think that's the goal right now. It's been 3 hours since I decided I wanted to do this. Lol I guess I should review the rule book to see what I need to change...

7. rwood64083

I believe they'll still run the 4hr at the GNF. It's the last race of the year and the fight for national champion (LW, MW and HW) in both the WERA Nat'l Endurance Series and the U.S. Nat'l Endurance Series with the CMRA folks.

8. So if we have a team of 3 riders what do you guys normally do for stints on the bike? 3 longer stints (hour twenty each?)

9. rwood64083

Depends on the bike. A LW bike is a stretch making it run 1:15 without tank modifications. Just depends on your team and how well you guys get along. You could always pick up a 4th rider at the last minute. There's always someone at the GNF that wants to ride. If it's just 3 riders we run fastest rider first and last hours. If a rider runs more than one stint he usually pays for the amount of hours/tires/fuel he uses. When we ran the Texas 8 hr there were only 3 of us. I let my guys each ride three 1hr stints and I rode two of them. But we all split the total expenses equally. I was alright paying a little extra.

10. That's the idea right now. It's gonna be a long 4 hours on a HW. We will make it happen. Think I found a third rider, gotta call him back. Just need a pit bitch or two and we will be good.

11. Also thanks for the advice. This gives me a good reason to stop treating my body like a piece of crap. Haha.

12. rwood64083

Check your pm's

13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Just pit next to a team that doesn't have 10 guys in matching shirts...we pass our pit bitches around...

14. Haha. That's awesome. Thanks Randy for the PM! We will take all the help we can get.

15. According to the rule book we can't do the endurance at the gnf without having previously run an endurance round. Besides that we need either 1 10lb extinguisher or 2 5lbs and a couple of other people. What's the deal with this tax information they said we need to have?

I'll send and email to boss man tomorrow and confirm. Bummer.

16. rwood64083

Alex, double check but I think with attendance being low Sean & Evelyn may let the team run at the GNF (don't quote me).

Don't worry about the tax thing.

You will need an extinguisher. I picked up a 10lbs bottle from Wal-Mart. You'll need it just in case there's a fuel spill or over-fill during pit stops. Engines are pretty hot. You gotta be precautious.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

i'd bring the wife and maybe some frens to do the pit work.

got some extinguishers at work i can sneak out for the weekend.

other question. do you have to wear that orange shirt ofr endurance alos? if yes, get a perforated one ;)

18. rwood64083

If you're still a PN it's a good idea to wear the shirt. Better safe than sorry and it lets other riders know to give you a little more room if needed. Especially if you're fielding a LW to MW ride when there's HW bikes that'll be bearing down on you going into corners. Perforated shirt may be a way to go but you're regular PN shirt will work just fine also. Constant movement on the bike during the hour I doubt you'll get too warm and you'll forget you're wearing it.

If you guys would like, feel free to pit next to us at the GNF and we'll walk you through some stuff and also help out during stops (long as they're staggered with ours).

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

thanks for the offer!

we'll work on the plan and will figure out if it makes sense for us.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Barber will happen. You don't need to have run a prior round to run it. It'll also be the final USNE round so I expect a number of Texas teams coming to play which will be cool - that happening again is something we'll sort out with CMRA over the off season.