1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Gender Equality"

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by dtalbott, Mar 17, 2017.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself.

Toss 'em out after you nail 'em. ;)

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I was just in one (out of 4 on the ship) engine room on one (out of at the time over a dozen) aircraft carriers on active duty at the time.

I'm not going to comment on whether or not women should be allowed to serve in the capacity I filled... I'm just going to say that I'm fuckin-A glad they weren't aboard when I was.

3. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Okay. I think I am starting to understand where you are coming from.

4. CausticYarn

I could throw them farther than he could.

5. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

No, they don't. Yet more misinformation. I don't know where you're getting your information but this is simply not true. Not with respect to this thread.

You're wrong. I don't know what is is to be a firefighter. I've never been one. So, I just have an idea of what it must be like. No personal experience so it's just conjecture on my part.

Do you have any idea of the cost of building, training and maintaining these units?

I'll say it again for emphasis.

THE MILITARY IS NOT AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, EQUAL RIGHTS, DEMOCRATIC INSTITUTION. I don't care about "Equal Opportunity". I care about effectiveness, lethality, resiliency, speed, capability, endurance.

We have limited funds. Fact. So why would we consider suboptimal spending just to provide an "opportunity" for somebody to do something "because they might be able to"? You are taking funding directly away from effective units and diverting it to a sub-optimal solution. Again - there is no reason. No logic. Other than "equal rights". "Personal Equality".

This ain't a democracy. The military PROTECTS our culture. Not reflects it.

6. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Yeah, you guys at the Rock sometimes even slip and fall off of those luxurious rides you had! Tough life! :)

Seriously, you're right. Breaking track on an M1 - or even a Bradley - at night and in bad weather is enough to make a bunch of grown men swear up a storm.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I just randomly picked the first link on Google to show that they exist. What they have been doing on the battlefield has been reported in the media many times (well, at least over here) in the past couple of years. They are far from just being security guards.

8. CausticYarn

Compared to all of the failed experiments already happening? All of the failed studies? Far cheaper.

9. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

No. Lives are never cheaper.

There is no logical reason to do it - OTHER than for "social equality", knowing that while it costs more, it cannot yield more.

We don't - or at least shouldn't - do that with the military. You put not only the units themselves at risk, but the missions. You put the civilians in the area, the country, Combat Service Support units, medical units that have to attempt recovery, etc - at risk.

Look, I'm all for women doing everything possible. Nothing "sexist" here at all. I'm sure there are plenty of women that can kick my ass. This isn't about what I "like" or what women might "like". It's not a social experiment. It is the Uniformed Armed Services, and the people in particular we're talking about are the very top of the heap.

10. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

Yes, it was such a luxurious ride in subzero weather with no heater about 90% of the time and over 100 degrees in full chemical gear. Throwing track was one of the easier problems. I was in the cavalry so I spent a lot of time doing patrolling both mounted and dismounted. Bet they would also have fun loading all of the ammunition in the vehicle too.

11. CausticYarn

We pump tens of billions of dollars into our military. There is no funding issue.

The issue here is your perception that an all female unit would impact you. It won't. If the bar was set the same as the men, the unit wouldn't even form. This is all hypothetical - so don't get mad at me for supposition, when what is actually happening is costing more than my random thoughts.

Are women in current combat roles costing lives? Where is your outrage at all the vagina driving armored delivery vehicles and flying helicopters out of hot zones?

What is the real issue here?

12. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Clearly you're clueless. Yes, there is a funding issue. If you haven't been in a situation where training was limited because of class III (fuel) or class V (ammo) funding budgets had gotten low, you weren't in long enough - or just weren't there.

The issue here isn't about my perception. It's about fact. The absolute fact of the percentages being selected and then tested. The fact that even when they were admitted, the bar was in fact lowered. The fact that our culture shows no sign of changing in terms of what they expect. And what is happening isn't costing more - that's yet MORE disinformation - in addition to the weapons load of an Infantry Platoon, the budget issues, etc.

I've never ever said women in current roles are costing lives - to the contrary. I was very specific about what I was talking about.

The issues have been made very clear. You just refuse to acknowledge them.

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Also noted that next time I'm called an hypocrite, I'll take it with a grain of salt..... :D

14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

[​IMG]

15. CausticYarn

I haven't refused to acknowledge anything.
    I think the situation is reversed. I brought forth a hypothetical situation and you have yet to prove that it would cost more money or lives than what is happening currently.

It isn't going to change. This is the reality of it. You can be angry about it and spaz on the internet, or you can come up with solutions.

I had a very simple suggestion. But the lives and money that it would cost would be astronomical compared to the current pandering and bar lowering apparently.

16. CausticYarn

And there isn't a funding issue. There is a waste and corruption issue.

If that makes me clueless. So be it.

17. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

So be it.

I've tried to be respectful of what you do, and where you've been. But you're just making shit up. I don't need to come up with "solutions" to satisfy people who want to socially experiment with elite forces in the military. I need to "prove" nothing.

It matters nothing what either of us think, because the current politically appropriate socially sensitive trend toward illogic behavior will continue - simply as a result of people who will never actually for one microsecond even experience the impact. It's very easy to say "there isn't a funding issue", just like it's easy to say that an MP squad carries more firepower than an infantry platoon (which is such utter bullshit it's amazing). It's all easy to say. Just like the falsehood that "other countries do it". Simply. Not. True.

So, when you're ready to start using actual facts and stop making false statements let me know. I have repeatedly said I have no problem whatsoever - matter of fact - am very supportive of women in many many roles in the military - including fighter pilots, whatever. But, this is getting ridiculous.

Tell you what - bring it? OK? Bring it. If you're young enough, and can still get back in, reenlist. Volunteer for Ranger School. Try to get in. Then, refuse to have any of the standards modified. Show up cold, just like the rest of the guys. No "Pre-Training". Make it through RAP using the same standards as the guys. Accept no more patrol recycles than any other Ranger Candidate. Walk the walk before you talk the talk so you really understand what you're talking about.

18. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

One squad:
    4 HMMWV's per squad each carrying MK-19's or 50 cal's
    4 Team leaders carrying M-4 w/203
    4 Drivers carrying M249
    4 gunners operating MK19/50 cal w/M4 slung
    1 squad leader carrying m4 w/203
    Everyone carries M9
    at least 1 AT4 per HMMWV
    Calymore's ammo grenades etc

Maybe it was only 3 teams per squad...

Are you intentionally being an asshole or is this just your normal state? What part of combat support did you not understand?

19. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I'm curious if there female wildland firefighters?

From my experience it's not really the fault of the women that are in the Army. Most did not understand the combat support element when they signed on the dotted line. Imagine thinking your are getting a glorified security guard gig and then you find out you may experience combat.

20. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Of course there are and every last one of them had to write a book or article about how special they are working in a "male dominated world"

http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/wildland-firefighter-pike-hotshot-crew

https://www.outsideonline.com/20892...an-male-dominated-world-wildland-firefighting

https://www.google.com/amp/hellogiggles.com/real-life-takeaways-life-wildland-firefighter/amp/

There are about a million more....

badmoon692008 likes this.