1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Gender Equality"

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by dtalbott, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I dont think females belong in the kitchen or in combat units.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The best cooks are men, it seems.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Just don't fight over their cooking and you'll be fine ;)

4. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

The easiest way to remove the female element would to be making the male and female requirements equal.

Why there is disagreement about this, is beyond my understanding.

My friend would love to have a wife that cleans the house, stays home with the children, and brings him a cold drink when he walks in the door. 1950's nostalgia is his wet dream.
    But he got a stay at home wife that welds for art and hired a house keeper :D

5. CausticYarn

I believe that's called bukakke.

crashman likes this.
  6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

:stupid: Well said.

7. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Yes - it is beyond your understanding - even though it's been discussed. Because standardizing the requirements would only affect one part of the issue, and there is more than one part (which again, you simply refuse to acknowledge). And again - since we've established only one fact here - and that is that there is zero point zero chance of you ever listening, and zero point zero chance of anybody actually changing their opinion on this, there is zero point zero value to continuing the back and forth.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And there's zero point zero chance of you not taking every opportunity to tell us how you're done only to come back and tell us again you're done.

Pathological need to have the last word much?

9. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Sarah, maybe having an all female unit might be a good idea in areas that do not include combat that might include hand to hand fighting. I know that many people think that we should not discriminate in all walks of life but there are a couple of areas where the natural differences between men and women make a difference. You women, God bless you, are more valuable to we men than you imagine. You are our lives, our rock, and we certainly cannot exist without you. We cannot however, change thousands of years of evolution of the human animal just to make a very few women feel good about thinking they can be "equals" in a combat environment. It just isn't going to happen. War is not something that needs to ever allowed to be compromised by a social experiment. Obviously there are roles that women can play even better than men in a military setting. Combat aircraft, both in the cockpit and on a terminal flying a drone, intelligence gathering and disseminating, in fact, just about any position in a rear area environment. Remember, for every combat soldier there are several dozen people supporting him and without them that single soldier will fail his mission.

When it comes to fighting for something that we feel is worth fighting for we become more of an animal and are willing to cut the heart out of an enemy it that's what it takes. Very few women are capable of thinking that way. At least none of the women that I've ever known did. Women are thinkers, planners, and are way more mentally organizational than we dumbass men. Women can build a family, plan a home, and are usually much better at raising children than we men are. We're just,,,,,,,,,,different. I for one, do not want to see our roles in life change. Am I making any sense at all?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  10. CausticYarn

I am listening.
    I don't agree.
    What else do you want me to say?

The military is already mixed. Zero point zero percent chance of you changing that. Eighty point eighty eight percent chance of it expanding into special forces permanently.

Why are you bitching at me for trying to find a better solution and telling me it won't work when they are already jamming it down your precious throat. They are going to MAKE it work. At least with my option - there is less chance of it working.

You don't want a woman in that position. I get it. I completely understand it AND the facts you have been ramming at me for days. What I do not get is WHY it makes such a damn big difference to you to leave the door open for equal opportunity and results when the fucking REALITY here is - RIGHT NOW - they are allowing women in with lowered standards and a leg up over the men. How is what is happening better?

Ban pussy is the only option you are giving because women "upset" the unit. You have yet to address how you feel about gay men, when they "upset" the unit just as much - but they have a dick, so it's okay.

I am willing to go round and round again. It doesn't bother me. But you can bow out if you feel it's pointless to have a discussion without resolve.

I happen to like getting into internet arguments, I fill my quota and avoid real life arguments.

11. mtcam77

mtcam77 Well-Known Member

I have no dog in this fight. No disrespect and just an observation but, anyone who wants to "end this" might consider the option of ceasing to respond. :D

12. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

I am bowing out. As I pointed out, Caustic Yarn continues to misrepresent information, refuses to acknowledge, and makes accusations as to the "agenda" anybody that doesn't agree with her must have. It's like my grandpa used to say.

Arguing a pig does nothing except get you muddy. Already had a shower after a run this evening . I don't want to get muddy.

13. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

The bottom line is that it is immaterial who is right or wrong but the sad fact of the whole matter is that a whole lot of body bags are going to get filled for getting it wrong. That is a military fact that has been proven on the battlefields of the world for several thousand years.

14. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

The requirements are the foot in the door, once you are in you have to perform. The performing part is where the females have the hard time. The demands are greatert than the standard test.

I believe the second part though...it is beyond. :D

15. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What an interesting and innovative concept. :D

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Saying farewell is hard to do.

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dude - seriously - no one is arguing the mentality is the problem. No one is disagreeing with you. We all agree the mentality is the issue.

The disagreement is that you think that's a real reason where the rest of us think it can be changed.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're absolutely right - men don't want to fight hand to hand with women - because women are the most vicious creatures on the planet in hand to hand combat. Teach them to throw punches and holy shit.