1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gearing For VIR

Discussion in 'General' started by toeslider, May 3, 2002.

1. toeslider

toeslider Where is Watkinsville?

Any suggestions on gearings for VIR for a '97 GSXR-750. I know you can't get too specific but I need a starting place. Would I need Talladega, Kershaw, or Road A gearings? Any help would be appreciated. See ya there!

2. toeslider

Come on. I know that some of you guys have been there a few times. I will need all of the help that I can get!

3. JoeB

JoeB Well-Known Member

Near Athens:D

I'm not exactly sure about your bike, but I run the same gearing (stock) at both VIR and Road Atlanta on a '01 GSX-R600. It is probably a bit too tall for VIR, but I'm poor enough at this moment not to have a selection of gearing to try. I will go up a tooth in the rear when I finally spring for some 520 gearing.

4. Aaron Stevenson

Aaron Stevenson Well-Known Member

If you're not that familiar with VIR, you could probably drop one tooth up front but you'll most likely be on the rev limiter coming into the brake markers at turn 1.

Once you develop a hot drive out of 17/17A and keep it pinned to the stop through the kink, you can probably go with stock. This is based on the '01-'02 gixxer 750's.

5. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Steve, 16/46 worked for me at Road Atlanta on that bike. Start with that. I'm not sure if the front straight at VIR is longer or shorter than the back straight at Road A.

6. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

With a F4 I'm 1 down in the front @ 15/45. I'm on the rev limiter just before the brake markers into turn 1, but get a good drive out of most corners.

7. toeslider

Thanks for all of the help guys.