1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gearing at tally???/ chain length?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by freels22, Sep 4, 2008.

1. freels22

freels22 Well-Known Member

i'm putting together a 07' gsxr 600 to play around on and was wondering if anyone could give me some advise on gearing? whats the most common gear ratio being run on the 600? how bout the average chain length? putting a 520 on and was wondering how many links? thanks for any info.

2. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I don't recall seeing any gearing posts with the new config, but in the past, gearing short was better. Maybe stock, minus 2-3 up front?

3. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I'd like to know also. I used to run the same gearing on my '04 600 at Barber and Tally but I don't think that will work too well on the '07 600. I ran 15-43 at Barber and it did okay with a 114 link chain. I think 15-44 would be better at Tally but don't know for sure since I have not been there yet on the '07.

4. freels22

thanks for info guys

5. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

gearing ranges from 15, 44 to 15, 47 depending on how you want the bike to shift and how long your chain length is.
    15, 45 works pretty good :up:

6. georgiadawg

georgiadawg Elbows Out

I found 14 45 worked for me pretty well

7. freels22

cool. i'm coming off a 1k and not sure what to expect on the 600.

8. georgiadawg

georgiadawg Elbows Out

Vosnick is a fast mofo and he races a 07 gsxr 600 and so do i. I would say bring enough gears to test for yourself, it's all different on your corner speed and lots of other things.