1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas for $1.99 a gallon around here.

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'm hoping heating oil takes a big tumble, I'm probably going to have to fill my tank this spring.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I posted in another thread that my over/under guess for lowest price I spot in DFW is $1.30.

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodities

[​IMG]

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

No. Florida @ $2.09 today.

4. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Depends on where I guess. Here in the Tampa Bay area, I saw gas at $1.95 at the Shell near my house.

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Real No. Florida.....Jennings. :D

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

$1.79 at Kennesaw (ATL) Costco this morning.

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It always goes down slow and pops up fast. Gas stations don't sell it to pay for the fillup they JUST got, they sell it to pay for the NEXT fillup.

It'll drift down especially as more people drive less.

Lowest I've seen here was 179, too. Lots of low 180s. I'm waiting for the missus to run her 4runner down so we can get the full 35 gallons at Kroger in it & the F150. I'ma post a pic of the the pump screen here when we fill up..

8. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

$1.65 at Costco in north ft worth today

9. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

And diesel never comes down :mad:

10. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Tonight in Delaware from the usual 2.55 - 2.85 gal.

Attached Files:

11. roy826ex

That ain’t happened here, still $2.49 cheapest and still way higher at the highway truck stops. I don’t use that much really, deleted truck gets 20 mpg in the city and I don’t drive that much in it anyway. Just pisses me off the price difference always between gas and diesel.

G Dawg likes this.
  12. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

When I started racing, diesel was typically 20-30 cents cheaper than regular.

13. roy826ex

yep

14. roy826ex

Then came along shit we cannot pronounce or figure out why we have to have it to begin with...

DPF
    DEF
    BAC
    EGR
    Low sulfur diesel

and so on....government bullshit forced on the people by clueless mfukrs who never owned a diesel or never bought diesel and probably cannot spell or explain all of the bullshit I posted above. And I’m pretty sure they cannot change a flat tire given instructions.

oh well fuck them I spent a lot of money on one because of their ignorance forced on me. I still pay daily for their ignorance. All that shit listed rest in my 3rd bay garage attic. And it’ll stay there until one day I’ll come across a metal scavenger who’ll pay me for the junk.

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

What gets me is there are a bunch of people that actually believe that burning more fuel and making vehicles less reliable so that they need to be repaired / replaced more frequently is somehow better for the environment. My tinfoil hat belief is that all of the items you listed are just to make diesels less desirable so that it is easier to push the electric agenda.

roy826ex likes this.
  16. roy826ex

yes and yes I lost count of the idiots who said I was stupid for throwing my warranty away to make my truck work. Only issues I ever had were related to all that bullshit listed. I can fix a door lock motor pretty cheap, a DPF or a DEF issue I gotta take it to them and under warranty it’s a perfect marriage, an inconvenient one but no money out by me. Out of warranty it’s highway robbery what this stupid shit cost.

And yes the regens were completely stupid engineering. The DEF fluid right up there with more ignorance, buying water or pee. Nah I’m done with all that stupid shit. I do not believe my deleted truck emissions are bringing us to the next ice age sooner than later.

My shit ain’t a coal roller he’ll it barely puffs. There’s good tunes and there’s that guy with the lifted, squatted in the ass, bad wheel offset guy with a black cloud following him. That ain’t my truck.

GarrettRick likes this.
  17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

leaded? :D Also diesels then were total powerless dogs and nobody really cared about the possibility of better mpgs.
    I worked at a gas station a few summers... diesel was no fun to pump and you always had to babysit the handle because it would foam. Then the brainacs that broke the unleaded port in the vehicles so they could buy the cheaper priced leaded gas...lol

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

When bought my 1st diesel 2001 E350 {new} it was that way. I think the change happened the next year.

My 7.3 was far from powerless.

19. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Just wait, some states still tax gas as a percentage of the the total sale. When their revenues tank they'll switch to a flat tax per gallon. PA did that a few years ago and it kills any savings. We still pay $2.60 per and $3 for diesel. OH YEAH, it's to fix all the bridges, so they say....If you've driven in PA lately you know what a bunch of bunk that is.

20. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Bought 170 gals of diesel this am in Vernon tx on 287 for 1.99
    Is was 2.14 last week when I was thru

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.