1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future of Healthcare

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Nov 13, 2016.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as better for all Americans. Obamacare crapped on the majority while benefiting a minority, by force. This is another crew of dumbasses in DC thinking they are smart enough to control others. It was also end poorly. The real solution is repeal Obamacare then enhance freedom with personal responsibility. It will have some initial pain and yes there will be pitty party cases that will get trotted out for display. But until people are responsible for themselves it will get worse. Not your employer, not your neighbor, not uncle sam....YOU.

At that point if the whiners in Hollywood want to do something instead of going to DC follow the example of Danny Thomas. The same for Bono, Soros, and Gates. Oh and anyone else that thinks it is good. So instead of charging the government to import refugees churches could fund hospitals and clinics which they used to do.

But then y'all failed to elect me again so wallow in it :beer:

badmoon692008 and kangasj like this.
  2. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

We are doomed. This is the first mistake for Trump, he has over promised. We have gone too far down the wrong path and no idiot bureaucrats are going to be able to come up with a good solution.

Healthcare is not a right, it's a service. That is the first problem that we are not going to solve because liberals have poisoned the minds of too many Americans to believe they are entitled to that service. Then you have the insurance industry which is a mega-billion dollar monster that needs to eat (get paid) and they are very powerful in Washington. Then the other mega monster is the drug industry with the same power. So coming up with a new plan is throwing all that garbage in a blender, and hoping the slurry that comes out is "the fix". Ain't...........gonna..........happen.

So in the end, the Republicans are going to look very bad because they promised to fix this mess but can't.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There was never any way Trump could repeal the ACA. Too many in congress have been bought by the healthcare industry.

Totally agree that the thinking that healthcare is a right is the core issue.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There really is no way to simply eliminate the impact the so called affordable care act had on the provider side of the equation, at least not short term. Too many physicians have left the field. They are difficult to replace. Many younger folks have elected not to go into the direct provider side of the field.

What are they claiming they can do on the cost of service side?

5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Deleted I answered my own question

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

There's no easy answer. The corperations are so entrenched into the system, making us sick with bad information and crappy food, robbing us with ridiculous insurance rates, and keeping us sick with drugs, and profiting off the whole mess.

cpettit likes this.
  7. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

i find this reply humorous....

making us sick with.....crappy food.......don't eat the food. its your choice
    ridiculous insurance rates........which if the gov't would get out of the way, the free market would resolve this issue...oh, and of course, don't get the insurance . its your choice (unless it is ACA where you must and then you should see the previous statement)
    profitting off the whole mess......why, yes...that's what company's do...well, at least try to do. make money.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

When I say "us" I mean people in general, lowest common denominator.

We've reached a point where private companies have infiltrated government to the point that the government works for their benefit instead of the people. When I say they make us sick with the food, what I mean is that they've written their own rules to the point that the government agencies charged with keeping our food supply safe will call unhealthy food healthy because that's what makes the most profits. And the same process works in healthcare and pharmaceutical.

turtlecreek likes this.
  9. turtlecreek

OK, I agree with that. "big business" isn't a problem. Mix it with the govt, and yes, the people are screwed.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You mean ketchup isn't a serving of vegetables?

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Now you tell me.

12. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I work in pharma. It cracks me up when people talk about how evil we are! Haha! Regulations are killing us. We want to bring new products to market, and do so at a considerable cost & risk, but it's not as easy as the MSM and a lot of those on the left seem to think.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    SnacktimeKC likes this.
  13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

What is the last disease your company cured?

14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Affluence. ;)

G Costanza likes this.
  15. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Wake me up when they cure liberalism/progressivism.

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Talk to someone in my parent's generation and ask them how much of a difference pharmaceutical companies have made since they were kids. They'll tell you about friends who died or were crippled by diseases you don't see anymore.
    Medicine has also made a lot of formerly deadly conditions survivable these days.

GixxerBlade and VintageWannabe like this.
  17. turtlecreek

WTH!! The republicans are now saying, not only will they not repeal it, they are going to proffer an alternative, that will allow the Dems to put all the responsibility of the failure of healthcare in the US, firmly on the the big R. Their offering looks and smells a lot like ACA. How stupid are they? Really? And then, the little voice in the back of my head says: if you have all the facts. if you know what the answer should be. yet, the answer isn't correct, then your first contention is incorrect.....we obviously don't have all the facts. i hate to be the tinfoil hat guy, but once again, the R's are showing that you have the government, looking out for themselves and the big business and they really don' give a damn about the USofA. R or D...doesn't matter.

18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Repeal the ACA...It's what you promised and part of why we voted you in. Get the Feds out of the insurance business. Insurance is for risk management and the idiots in DC are risk intolerant hence everything must be covered so as to take no risk! Continuing down this path can only lead to government as the only source of health care.

19. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Why is it drug costs are higher in the U.S. than in neighboring countries?

20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I agree mostly with you but I heard a good explanation last night. What they're debating and trying to pass now is Phase 1 of a 3 phase solution to get rid of the ACA. This one can be done immediately without democrat support, which is why they're pushing it. Phase 2 can mostly be done and phase 3 will require dems votes as well. It (supposedly) is the exact same as what they came up with last year, that Tom Price was the author of, and that had many sponsors and co-sponsors. Now, for some reason, some of the same people who sponsored and co-sponsored it last year are freaking out about it now.

The best thing I heard was that there has been so much turnover in the Rs over the last 8 years few know how to actually lead/govern, they only know how to obstruct lol! And I think thats what we see... they just need to get together.

I'm OK with a 3-phase reduction, just get it started already and freakin' COMMUNICATE TO THE PEOPLE!!! Sheesh...