1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP trolls..

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by prospected, Oct 24, 2014.

1. desmo2

desmo2 Well-Known Member

No problem, just trying to do my part.

Your definition of a divided highway and mine are apparently different. My definition includes two or more lanes in each direction (with marked lane lines) divided by either a barrier or grass median. So, I wasn't sticking up for a "lying" cop, but defending what I read in your description to be valid probable cause.

Oh, now you are just taking cheap shots!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Yup

Now tell me how you determine, at 2am, in rural Minneshithole, over a 6' wide raised concrete median, around a corner, headed downhill, at 55 mph, that I crossed a center line that doesn't exist?

3. desmo2

desmo2 Well-Known Member

Can't. I have no idea what the road you describe looks like. It sounds like you are describing one lane in each direction with a concrete center barrier? A 6' barrier? I've never seen one that tall in my parts. They are about 3' tall, here. How did the cop get around that barrier to pull you over?

Let's throw out the crossing the center line as bogus, just for shits and giggles. You said you have a supposed dim headlight, but you admit your plates check to a '77 Caprice but are on a Camaro. Probable cause, yes?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  4. pickled egg

6' *wide*, Detective... :Poke:

5. desmo2

desmo2 Well-Known Member

Ah, ok. You asked how he saw OVER it, so I jumped to height. So is this 6' WIDE barrier that he somehow saw over curb height?

6. pickled egg

Stop editing shit! :tut:

I watched him dynamite the brakes and flip flop, I was pulled over before he even hit the lights. He didn't run my plate until after the stop was initiated.

Dim headlight may give probable cause, I'll check the statutes later. His insistence that I crossed the center line, sayin repeatedly that that was cause for the stop is what irritates me.

You want citizens to "have faith" in LEOs, stop fucking lying.

7. desmo2

desmo2 Well-Known Member

I'm not editing anything maliciously to change the course of the debate, just adding thoughts to keep from post-whoring. So, keep your :tut: to yourself! :D

If he truly made up the lane violation I won't even try to defend him. I don't condone made up PC.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Were any tickets issued?

9. pickled egg

I suspect the dim headlight does constitute an equipment violation justifying a stop. The insistence that he saw what he couldn't have seen unless I had noticeably swerved (I didn't) or lighting conditions would have permitted him to see lane delineation (they didn't) his repeatedly saying the stop was due to crossing the center line and, oh yeah, you've got a dim headlight was laughable in its absurdity.

When he asked if I'd been drinking (SHOCK! :D ) I pulled my bottle of Coke from the passenger seat, opened it and invited him to give it a whiff. Behold, str8-up sugar water. :D

The rest of the stop was equally laughable. Cop #2 came up to ask about my address, telling me he use to live by where I live and doing all the "we're pals, we're just bs'ing while Deputy Doofus finishes checking everything out". Psy-ops don't work so well when you know you're being psy-opped. :D

So after the "you're free to go" schpiel, I asked about their duty weapons and mocked their plastic Glocks. :D MN doesn't require a carry permit holder to divulge being armed unless asked, and the carry permit isn't tied to dmv records, so I like to do a little psy-ops of my own once the incident is cleared. :D

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Post a google street view screenshot... jeez.

11. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Right is right and wrong is wrong. I'll support who I think is right, whether citizen or cop. If that makes me a FTPer, so be it. I have both a brother and BIL who are both retired from the job. They don't blindly support cops with shitty attitudes who treat every citizen as a criminal first.

12. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Cops have superhuman vision, you fool. I was once pulled over by an Oregon state trooper going the other way on a six lane highway when we were both travelling at around the speed limit. He had observed that my tag was a week expired. Three young military guys in an open jeep guilty of drinking sweet tea from open containers. He did let us be promptly on our way when our tea failed to exhibit any mind altering capabilities.

13. pickled egg

I don't know where the fuck I was! I was drunk, fer fuck's sake! :crackup:

14. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

How dare you make him provide proof of his trumped up story...this is the FTP TROLLS thread...:beer:

15. pickled egg

You hush, Barney! :moon:

Don't you have a vagrant you can hassle? :D

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

So, where would we direct the outrage if a family member were injured or killed by a drunk driving around in a ratty old camaro with stolen plates?

17. pickled egg

18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Right you are. The very act of driving a camaro is probable cause in and of itself. Pull them all over. If your LEO family member suspects I'm driving drunk, pull me over and say so. No need to lie to me.

19. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Lawyers.....talking about other people lying. :crackup:

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Illegal possession of a mullet