1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS: Fox Shock and Hindle Slip-on YZF600R

Discussion in 'Parts for Sale' started by v4mofo, Feb 11, 2011.

1. v4mofo

v4mofo Active Member

Hindle is a 20" oval, comes with mid-pipe, hanger and springs. I thought it was Much too loud and happily put the stock exhaust back on the bike for street use:

$100 shipped within the lower 48

[​IMG]

And on the bike:

[​IMG]

Fox Shock was bought from a member on the YZF600R forums. I was planning ahead for the inevitable (assuming I was going to love the YZF and keep it for 100k miles like I did my VFR), but never installed it. I installed a 525lb/in spring (actual 520), which is 1 rate heavier than stock (or so ~ might be closer to a rate and a half), and rebuilt the shock with fresh oil while inspecting all the wear items and replacing what needed replacement. I worked for Traxxion Dynamics about a decade ago doing forks and shocks as the lead tech, so the work was done Correctly with attention to detail (i.e. getting all the air out of the shock shaft). It fits 1994+ (all YZF600 and YZF600R) bikes.

$350 shipped within the lower 48

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There was some pre-existing cosmetic damage:

buggered preload adjuster
    [​IMG]

buggered threads
    [​IMG]

rash
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shock is height adjustable from 13 7/8ths to 14 3/8ths (or 35.3cm to 36.5cm) in the "safe" range. you could remove the jam nut to make it about 5mm shorter, or run it a bit longer but run the risk of pulling the threads. Or if you want Really long, it's nothing for a metal worker to weld up a new clevis with a much longer threaded rod.

I don't drop in on the forum frequently, so email is the best way to contact me ~ brianm (@) darladog (dot) com

Cheers,

Brian