1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frivolous law suits

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by YAM#849, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

EEOC brings suit probably about one time for every 1000 complaintants, so i suspect that this cse hs factual merit.

Regarding the law: Employers are liable for harrassment by co-employees under certain circumstances, and this may be one of them, but the article doesn't give enough info.

Rodger

2. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Zeb has to file the motion to compel discovery. ;)

3. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Legal or not, it's still bullshit. Mamma Osama should just shut her pie hole and get another job. $4 million in damages my ass.

4. Shyster d'Oil

OUCH!!!!;)

5. Shyster d'Oil

Kasimirsky:

had a great case where a Polish guy was being harrassed and eventualy fired. Why? B/C as his boss said on tape: "Because you are a dumb fucking polak." My client was able to get another job eventually . . .

So mtk, say you are black and you co-workers are calling you nigger all day long to the point where its tough to just do your job. What would you do? Just quit?

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

My problem with this shit is the amounts people sue for. This woman has the right to and should sue but jesus... 4 million bucks. Give me a damn break. :rolleyes:

7. Shyster d'Oil

Those amounts are usually wacked. Why, I have no idea, b/c the amount claimed has little to do with the amount awarded.

8. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Funny how you seem to be incapable of comparing apples to apples, Roger.

The woman's coworker made a racist remark. Her employer disciplined the employee in question.

Now the bitch thinks she's been damaged to the tune of $4 million and expects her employer to cough up for the actions of an employee that was disciplined for the behavior in question.

How exactly does that scenario match with the one you proposed?

And in either case, how the hell did this woman suffer $4 million in damages? If she worked this job until she died she wouldn't earn a total gross of $4 million.

9. Shyster d'Oil

1. If the employer had an effective anti harassment policy in place they may have no liability, so your first point is not off topic, but we don't know the facts.

2. Try reading what I wrote to RCJohn about the $ value of her damage claim.

3. Her damages typically would be for lost wages and emotional pain and suffering. Probably not alot of $.

4. Similar cases? A bit, but the point was that i wanted to know what you thought about my scenarios given your hatred of the Egyptian woman that you refer to as a bitch and Momma Osama.

See you next week!!!

Rodger

10. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i thought lawyers were supposed to be smart? :D

11. Shyster d'Oil

Not at 5 PM on Friday!!!!!:D

TTFN

R.

12. mad brad

mad brad Guest

13. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

If you'd argued that it ruined their careers as Catholic Altar Boys you cud'a got another $25 mil :D

14. Shyster d'Oil

Ta ta for now. Its from Winne the Pooh, I think. Guess how I spend my weekend mornings.:D

15. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

When you try and shake down your former employer for $4 million, you no longer earn terms of respect. So "bitch" and "Mamma Osama" it is.

16. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

UUMM, I speaky techy, not lawyery....