1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

French Train Smashes Speed Record

Discussion in 'General' started by Jefe, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Jefe

Jefe Wannabe

2. carpediem

carpediem Well-Known Member

3. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what kind of rail system these trains run on so all that I can picture is when one of them derails. That damn thing would be crashing for about 20 minutes.:)

4. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

They run on Magenetic Levitation i believe... basically they hover and have a rail system as a back up safety... reverse the polarity of the magnets to push and pull the train along--- super fast, super low friction, and super low maintainence....

the first mag-lev train was supposed to be built to connect Pittsburgh to its airport--- but of course they fell through due to political pressure.

I hate western PA

5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

6. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

OMG, how can you make a post like this, and get it so wrong :D Its just a regular train.......:Poke:

no offense intended....:beer:

7. Smokes35

I'll fight you!

ok, so i was wrong... i was to lazy to read the story--- i just know some fruity pants Europeans are building a mag-lev train they were supposed to build here...

I'll still fight you, but the only way to get me mad is make fun of Sophia Loren or call me fat. :beer:

edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maglev_train

8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

It had French soldiers on it running from the fighting:D

9. MarkB

Hey, I'd still hit Sophia....although I might require slightly dimmed lights (I'm not quite the oil-paining myself you see....):up:

10. Smokes35

I dont know if shes into guys that eat "spotted dick"... :Poke:

11. MarkB

...and that's EXACTLY what I plan to find out:up:

12. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

LMAO!
    I can believe you guys missed that. :D

13. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

We can't even get Amtrack to keep thier junk crap on the traks at 60... Our rolling stock and track system is so bad over here it's almost to the point of being beyond repair.

France uses seamless rail, special ballest, concrete ties on all main lines and UT tests every inch of high speed track weekly (or more frequently) if temperature extremes warrant.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If you have never had the pleasure of dealing with the railroad, let me assure you they make FEMA look like a model of efficiency.

15. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Phuck the french and their high speed trains and weekly inspections...they just want to make sure whoever over runs their country next has the best.

16. MarkB

...the French tax-payers must be very proud.....How much in taxes does Amtrak cost us all again??? Oh, thats right - nothing(ish):up:

17. Shenanigans

Thank you Buck:beer:

18. whitey_1964

whitey_1964 Well-Known Member

So what happens again if you put the train on a conveyor.........?

19. JeF4y

JeF4y Sweet Tea & Grits!

But our trains can corner!

At +350mph, you'd need like a 50 mile stretch to make a 45-deg turn.

20. Shenanigans

It will fly:D